Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vanson PLU-3 Comet with custom features and Brown Competition weight leather, 44-46

jimmer_5

Practically Family
Hey all - I have an almost new Vanson PLU-3 up for sale. I received this custom order a few months back, but I have decided to go another direction. This jacket has been worn less than ten times since I bought it - probably more like five. Other than a few light creases in the arms it is brand new, and has been stored in my smoke/pet free home.

This is a great deal for anyone who wants a standard fit 44 or a trim fitting 46. The leather is a dark Version of Vanson's "Octagon" leather - it's a rich medium brown color, and very supple. I had a little length added to the sleeves since I planned on wearing this while riding my motorcycle. I also requested the special red/black plaid cotton lining which looks great with the brown leather.

It is a size 46, which is like a 44 in a lot of other jackets. The PLU-3 is a longer version of Vanson's Comet, which fits about a size small.

This is a great motorcycle jacket or a nice clean fashion jacket. The wait for a custom Vanson can be 6 months or more right now, and my price is the same as a bone stock model in black leather (custom colors are a 15% upcharge).

I normally wear a 44, but I sized up to a 46 for this jacket (the PLU-3 runs small). Detailed measurements below:

Chest - 25.25 inches across armpit to armpit when laid out flat
Sleeve - 26.5" from edge of shoulder to cuff
Back - 20 inches across top of shoulders
Overall length - 28.5" from the top of the collar to the bottom hem
Length in front - 24.25" from top of collar to bottom hem

I am asking $565 shipped insured to the CONUS. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Last edited:

t-ray

New in Town
That is an awesome jacket, and it is my size - I want to buy it !! I dont seem to have email PM privileges, so could you please email me ? The email in my profile works, or you can try lemans58@me.com.

Thanks, I'm serious and have the funds, Tim.

t-ray

New in Town
Currently I have a cordovan Aero Barnstormer, and a black Vanson Enfield. The Barnstormer is a brick-door of a great winter coat for the west coast, and I'm looking for that cafe racer look as a change from the Enfield which, with the collar and the bi-fold back is a bit bulky. My sportbike leathers are perforated Vansons too, so I guess I'm a bit of a fanboy of the brand.

Your PLU-3 looks outstanding, I really hope you get hold of me so we can make it mine !!

t-ray

New in Town
Funds sent this morning, jacket wending its way slowly up the West Coast to beautiful BC. Now I get to spend the weekend staring at the UPS website in quiet anticipation !

t-ray

New in Town
Wow, that was quick. Jacket arrived this morning. First impressions of the jacket are really positive. This is a Shout Out to the seller Jimmer_5, great communication, fast shipping and the jacket just as awesome as it looked in the photos. I'd thoroughly recommend him as a seller. Thanks Jimmer_5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points