Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Various hats for sale (updated 3-07-07)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm going through and getting rid of all the hats I no longer wear.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Summer hat

This hat served me well all last summer, but now that I have a vintage panama, I don't think it's going to get much use.
It's made of that braided paper- type material, and has a cloth sweatband. It'd be nice for you if you wanted a summer hat that you could sweat in without worrying about it.
It is made by classic quality hat co (never heard of that one before), and while it may not have quite the quality of classic hats, it certainly has the look. It is marked a size Medium, which fits like a 7-1/4.
25 shipped
IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
NY Hat Co. Porkpie

This is a wool felt porkpie, made by the New York Hat company. It is marked as a size Large, but it is incorrectly labeled, because the interior circumference is 23 -1/2 inches, which is a 7-1/2.
Originally sold by Zap&Co of Lancaster, PA. It was one of my first hats. I bought it before I knew hat sizing, and at that point I had long hair, so I got a hat which fit me that day. I got a haircut, and *poof* I have a hat that's huge. So I have to let it go. If you have a large head, and want an inexpensive porkpie, this is the hat for you.
IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3244.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
what about a 6-7/8 Pedigree Boater?
The sweatband needs to be sewn back in, but other than that, it's pretty solid.
This hat is one of two that remains of my dad's collection from when he collected vintage clothes back in the '70's.
IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
This is another hat in size 6-7/8 (hand blocked), a black homburg from Bodts, a custom hatter that used to be in Washington, D.C. in the '30's and '40's. It has beautiful fur felt, and a nice tight dent. It does has a slight stain on the front of the crown, but nothing major. It has no problems with the felt, and the inside is very clean. It even has the tags still in it.
These old custom guys did some really nice work.
The Brodt Hat Factory used to be located at 423 Eleventh Street, Washington, District of Columbia, DC.
My borsalino which belonged to JW Marriott came from the Brodt's as well; this was a serious quality operation.
50 shipped

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_3238.jpg

IMG_3239.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk