Vegecow Lewis Leathers quality

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by ralanis2, Jan 25, 2021.

1. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One Too Many

turned out great. I think mine will be slightly more than 26inches (67cm if I recall), but I'm 6'0, so should be about the same fit for me, maybe a hair longer which is fine. My Commando is like 27.5 which I think is a touch too long probably way too long for riding, but mine's just for fashion. So I basically came up an inch from there. Think it'll be good.

My sleeves might come out a little longer than yours though which is ok, although they're bringing in the shoulders on mine a tad, so might end up about the same as well.

Overall, I'd agree, I think Rip is nailing the fit on these.

BloodEagle and Pandemic like this.
  2. Joshua Holland

Joshua Holland New in Town

Your description totally mirrors my experience ordering, waiting for, and receiving a Cyclone last spring. Indeed, Rip rocks!

Pandemic and BloodEagle like this.
  3. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

Another satisfied Lewis customer. Congratulations!
    The fit looks great, I wouldn't change a thing. Lewis ordering process is pretty solid. Very professional and gets good results.
    I'm getting the book on my next Lewis order.

Pandemic and Salmosalar like this.
  4. Pandemic

Pandemic One Too Many

@BloodEagle you and Rip nailed it to the wall! That looks perfect.

I’ll just echo what’s been said, that Rip knows what he is talking about on fit and measurements.

Salmosalar likes this.
  5. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Great news:
    "Great news your order has now been dispatched.
    The courier we use is DHL and your tracking number is - xxxxxxxxxxx"

Now it's back to updating the DHL site every hour. LOL

Edward, Tom71, AeroFan_07 and 7 others like this.
  6. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Alright!!!!!!

7. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

It has arrived.
    First impression... very nice color, although a bit greener than expected.
    The leather feels great. Very soft, smooth and supple.
    Workmanship at first glance flawless, nice big and sturdy zipper. Should be a #10.
    Lining very nice, sleeves in gold top.
    Two things I need to get used to...the cut is pretty boxy. Is tapered to my desired size, but P2P is 2 cm larger than specified (61 instead of 59) and the taper only really increases in the last third. so I have around the belly quite a lot of material, which is a bit fluttery without belly ;-)
    In addition, the length is still 1-2 cm too long. I usually have 67 cm back and + 2 cm front drop. Since it looked like the jacket has as good as no front drop, we went to 69 cm length to be on the safe side.
    Now it is "too long" by exactly these 2 cm.
    Which is of course nittpicking, because I'm sure if the jacket is break in or I to a T-shirt still pull something underneath that will fit well. And style wise it is seventies and must be this way.
    Good photos I still have to make. Also, the color looks better in real than in the photos.

IMG_4174.jpeg IMG_4176.jpeg IMG_4177.jpeg IMG_4180.jpeg IMG_4182.jpeg IMG_4183.jpeg IMG_4187.jpeg IMG_4186.jpeg

8. ton312

ton312

Beautiful color! Perfect BRG!

MrProper likes this.
  9. Marc mndt

Marc mndt My Mail is Forwarded Here

That plaid lining is killer.
    I hear you about the length and width... Mine feels somewhat wide in the waist too. But this jacket is best to be judged after it has gotten wet for the first time. Rain/water totally transforms the jacket. It won't get any tighter but it will form lots of creases / grain which will reduce the jacket at least by one cm in length.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Pandemic and MrProper like this.
  10. BloodEagle

BloodEagle One of the Regulars

I can echo that - my LL which arrived last week has already lost about an inch in length just from wearing it and getting it wet and the creases naturally shortening it a bit - overall it really has formed to my body shape very quickly indeed.

Pandemic and MrProper like this.
  11. Marc mndt

9355A17A-17BD-43F8-BEB1-327A7CFACFAB.jpeg

marker2037, TREEMAN, Angel and 9 others like this.
  12. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Thank you very much.
    Yes, I also think that it will settle down a bit once it is well worn.
    But I must say I already like it very much :)

IMG_4253.jpeg IMG_4272.jpeg IMG_4245.jpeg IMG_4246.jpeg IMG_4257.jpeg

13. BloodEagle

BloodEagle One of the Regulars

Looks awesome! To my eyes thats a great fitting jacket, and the subtle green really lifts it to something special

Marc mndt and MrProper like this.
  14. Salmosalar

Salmosalar One of the Regulars

15. Marc mndt

^^the fit looks spot on to me. I love it, absolutely awesome. Good call to opt for brg instead of brown.

The length goes well with the Racing Jacket style imo. It looks exactly proportioned like this vintage one. The guys at LL know what they're doing.

EE4F5079-2EFE-4FF4-83BA-4DFC0A359CDE.jpeg

16. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

@MrProper it's totally cool. Great choice with everything.

I'm still waiting for notification on mine. I'm expecting this week since I was only a day or two after you when I ordered.

roadking04 and MrProper like this.
  17. Tom71

Tom71 One Too Many

Totally the bee’s knees!! I love it. The colour couldn’t be better for that style.
    It certainly doesn’t look too big or too long. I hope it will start to feel right soon as well. Mine is an inch on the short side and after wearing it extensively for some time - I couldn’t care less.

MrProper likes this.
  18. Canuck Panda

Canuck Panda Practically Family

@MrProper
    It looks good. You can make every jacket look good given your height and athletic bod. But I hear you. If you have doubts, send it back for a full refund. I am sure they will honor the return policy.

From your previous jackets I see that you like the aggressive taper to happen between the chest to where the top of the kidney panel would usually go, then straight down or taper even more. The Lewis will never be that. There isn't a lot of break in for the Lewis except more creases. If this fit bothers you now it will bother you always. Just giving you my honest thoughts based on my own past good/bad/unexpected experiences.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    Jin431 likes this.
  19. Salmosalar

Salmosalar One of the Regulars

The Super Monza has a more aggressive taper than the Racing Jacket or Super Sportsman…..maybe for the next one ?!

MrProper and Canuck Panda like this.
  20. MrProper

MrProper One Too Many

Thank you for your thoughts.
    But no, I will not send it back. I like it far too much for that.
    It is cut differently than my other jackets and therefore unfamiliar, but not bad at all.
    Besides, variety doesn't hurt.
    I am sure that I will wear them often.