Vehicles owned by Outerwear members?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by RL204, Apr 30, 2021.

1. dan_t

dan_t Practically Family

2 of these three are mine…. I’ll let you guess which 2 ;)
    CED08844-D4F7-4603-BB73-2945F2CFEE65.jpeg DC4A7BA8-32F7-4E87-837E-AB236394FF13.jpeg BBC89169-024B-4C86-A888-AD9AA8190FD1.jpeg

JMax, Jin431, Benny Holiday and 6 others like this.
  2. Herresbach

Herresbach Familiar Face

he who dies with the most toys wins! :D

3. Peacoat

Peacoat Bartender Bartender

@jonbuilder love your boats. My cruising days are over as my buddy sold his 48' sailboat out from under me.

I noticed that you bought both of your boats on the east coast and then shipped them to the west coast. I used to know how much it cost to ship a large boat per mile. No longer retain that information, but I remember it was expensive. Was there a particular reason why you chose to do this? From my visits to California, and my sailing out of the San Diego Yacht Club, I know there are a lot of sailboats on the west coast.

4. jonbuilder

jonbuilder Call Me a Cab

The boats I purchased were small custom runs, not production boats, and not available on the west coast. The last boat I had shipped here in September 2020 was $15,000 with bids near $30,000. Plus the rig needs to be removed and reistalled. Boats are generally less when purchased on the east coast and are dry stored during the winter months resulting in less wear and exposure.
    There are both special well-designed boats that sail well not floating RVs designed for max interior space.

JMax, Jin431 and photo2u like this.
  5. rockabilly

rockabilly A-List Customer

I drive old cargo vans - these 4 are from the '80s.

IMG_4384.JPG IMG_3102.JPG

4444Design, RL204, JMax and 10 others like this.
  6. Kuro

Kuro Practically Family

Just purchased this last weekend. Dealer ceramic window tint not yet installed in these photos. Traded in a 2015 i3 for this 2021 i3S.

I have owned many great vehicles over the years! 2000 Lotus Elise 111S, 1970 Alfa Romeo GTjr, Ducati Monster 796 to name a few. I have enjoyed going electric.

20210626_192012.jpg 20210626_191951.jpg 20210627_100049.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
    JMax, Jin431, Edward and 3 others like this.
  7. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman One Too Many

El Marro and rockabilly like this.
  8. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Finally I have a bicycle I can ride with leather jacket and jeans. Now I have lower back pain from too much squatting.:D
    Screenshot_20210723-152332_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210723-150408_Gallery.jpg
    I was chinese cheap MTB, i bought a decade ago. I decided to get rid of the poor gears and brake set, and make somekind of single speed coaster brake cruiser out of it. I broke the rear light bulb right away since i connected it to the wrong voltage output of the dynamo:(, but everything elses works fine, old fashioned bike lock too:). I bought old style fender, really old stock, thick steel, but clearly very old stock and white color... so need some works to get it installed.... project for another day:).

JMax, roadking04, JoeNiblick and 9 others like this.
  9. Riu

Riu Practically Family

Love the bike! I like the position of the handlebars. It's been some time since I've seen a dynamo operated light, always reminds me of my old bike. My last bike was an electric one and I loved how easy it was to commute to work since it wasn't too far.

navetsea likes this.
  10. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Thanks, i bought all the parts new locally online, still being made mostly chinese brands and some local brands, and thankfully my poor mtb has standard steering and seat tube, so i can use parts from other old fashioned bike, steering is from roadster bicycle style, narrower than both mtb and beach cruiser, i like it, position feels like motorcycle steer. I still need a mirror and a bell.

Riu likes this.
  11. Tom71

Tom71 One Too Many

One hell of a project and an impressive result. I’d say you’re a biker now…:)

navetsea likes this.
  12. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Hehe, better be called biker than cyclist:eek:

Benny Holiday and Tom71 like this.
  13. Edward

Edward Bartender

Likely a bit late, but if you're still considering this, check your insurance: I know of a guy who planned to keep his bike indoors here in the UK for Winter, but when he looked into it there were all sorts of insurance complications based on the notion is was officially listed as a fire hazard(!). If it's a permanent installation, though, it must be possible...

I always prefer the big limo look to the sports car. My fantasy car is something like this (but about 7/8 the size, for UK roads where we have roundabouts and corners), running on electric, and big solar panels at home to charge it off!

Ever tempted to give one an A-Team or Mystery Machine type paintjob?

Got a nice, Judge Dredd style futurist look to it. Interesting seeing EVs starting to hit the cusp of going mainstream.

Jin431 and Kuro like this.
  14. Pandemic

Pandemic One Too Many

I’d been saving to buy one of these for a while and then they announced 2014 would be the final year of production, so I ran to the dealer to get a Toyota FJ Cruiser. Fuel consumption isn’t great, but it is good for hauling the family around the city and then going bush on the weekends.

90E1F2E3-592F-48FE-A8FD-05D44DD50B23.jpeg

4444Design, JMax, Vezio and 8 others like this.
  15. photo2u

photo2u A-List Customer

Love your blue water boat. I am trying to get a Caribbean cruiser. You are living the dream.

16. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

True to form Nav with that OG spring seat covered in ostrich!! Way cool. Bet your butt loves those springs.
    B

navetsea likes this.
  17. TheDonEffect

TheDonEffect A-List Customer

Another car I regret not being able to buy back then. Can you believe those things were 24k new when they came out??? Try getting any car these days for that much.

Pandemic and Jin431 like this.
  18. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

I’m waiting on this:
    0DB7C354-EA70-4838-B2BD-8DF7E60A8427.jpeg
    But now the dealer says mine may not come until next June. Today I finally tracked one down. The owner wasn’t picking it up until after work, so I got to finally see it in person, wow it’s better IRL!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  19. El Marro

El Marro Call Me a Cab

It is with mixed emotions that I circle back to this thread to update my car collection. Here is my new 2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody.
    9864FFC0-713C-453D-9D7B-6DFF85F6CD03.jpeg
    44A8AE2E-DE16-4679-8493-81A23C5C317B.jpeg
    AE894186-416D-481E-A2C4-0A1574C6195B.jpeg
    Under the hood is a 6.4 liter V8 which makes 485 HP and will go 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. I absolutely love every single thing about this car!
    The reason for the mixed emotions is because I am selling my 1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. It has been an absolute dream to own it for these last four years but it is time to let somebody else enjoy the pleasure (and the responsibility) of owning a classic.

20. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Nooooooooooo!!!!! :eek:
    (But I get it).

Jin431 likes this.