Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Very Rare 1950's Fleck Suit (size 38)

repeatclicks

Practically Family
With great reluctance, I have decided to sell on my 1950s Penney's Gentry fleck suit. For those of you who haven't seen this suit in the 1950s suit thread, I found the trousers in 2009, and came across its matching jacket this summer.

I bought the jacket hoping that I could have it altered to my size (it is one size too big. I am a 36, the jacket is a 38), but I know what happens when you mess with the geometry of a suit jacket, and it never turns out good, no matter who does it.

The suit is in perfect, perfect condition. There are no holes in the material, just a very faint yellowing around the top of the collar, which would come out in a dry clean. The pocket linings have started to yellow over the years as well, but nobody ever sees those, not even you, unless you got lucky that night and they are around your ankles.

Suit jacket is patch pocket, two button, single breasted with a very boxy cut, typical of the 1950's. 3 buttons per sleeve, all buttons in tact and original. The trousers are high and hollywood waisted, which to me makes this suit perfect. Nothing beats a hollywood waist.

Measurements: All measurements taken with garment lying flat on the floor with a tailors measuring tape.

Jacket:

Shoulders (seam to seam, measured across back): 18 1/2"
Chest: 21 1/2" across
Length (from collar seam to hem): 31"
Sleeve (outer): 25 1/4"

Trousers:

Waist: 33" can be let out 1" to a 34"
Outseam: 42 3/4"
Inseam: 30 1/2"
Extra Material under cuffs: 1 1/2"

Price: £300 OBO including shipping worldwide. Shipping to UK is about £7. Europe is £10, and Stateside is £20. You can't get a decent modern suit for this price. This is an incredibly rare suit from Penney's top line of suits, especially with trousers that will actually FIT somebody. Photos below.

fleck9.jpg

fleck7.jpg

fleck5.jpg

fleck8.jpg

fleck4.jpg

fleck2.jpg

fleck11.jpg

fleck6.jpg

fleck12.jpg

fleck1.jpg

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Reduced!

Price reduced to £250 plus shipping worldwide. I really would like this to go to a Lounger instead of ebay, but what can ya do.

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Last reduction... £200 plus shipping. I'm not willing to sell it for less than this, as it is too rare. Immaculate condition suit. Cannot be beat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner