Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vests

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Anyone know where to purchase a vest like this one:

fw1621018-01.jpg

It's a Freewheelers, but apparently it cannot be purchased as they make a limited run of their items only once a year? Anyone make, and sell, anything similar?

avique

One of the Regulars
My wife is a a seamstress/designer in Everett, WA and often creates custom items like this for clients. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll pass along her contact info.

Just Jim

A-List Customer
Especially if you are need an odd size, I'd say Avique is right: go with custom rather than chasing the impossible-to-find. Worst case, buy a sewing machine and a pattern. Muslin (for fittings) is cheap, and you can have a vest that fits you exactly the way you want.

But those dang welted pockets take some practice. DAMHIKT.

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
If you’re a 38” or 40”, then I’d trawl Rakuten or the Japanese auction sites as FW stock does appear even quite long into the ‘season’.

Dm101

A-List Customer
When it comes to vests, I get a medium or large of what I like...then take it to my tailor to have it fit to my body. She does amazing work, I just hope she sticks around for a while longer...
So much great value and experience in the aged...they're truly a treasure.
:(

That is sure a great looking vest. The overall pattern and color of the striped material is very appealing. Was that a wool or cotton fabric? Please keep us updated on what you decided to do.
Thanks
HD

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Thanks everybody. I was actually able to find it in a size 40. Pricey, but super useful for layering and I'll wear it a lot, so I think it's worth it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff