Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage (40s/50s) wool collegiate letter sweater, M/L

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
Time for my semi-annual cleaning out of closets and getting rid of things that I don't wear or don't work for me for one reason or another.

This is a gorgeous vintage letter sweater, and as I'm a huge Ohio State fan I'm STILL dithering as to whether I really want to let it go. But it's slightly snug on me, so I thought I'd let the folks here have a crack at it and see if anyone's interested.

The color was hard for my camera to capture accurately. It's a true bright scarlet; just as bright but slightly less orange than the pictures show. It's made of 100% triple-strand virgin wool. This thing is HEAVY, and really high quality.

I don't know exactly how old it is, but based on the style and the label, I'm guessing '40s or '50s.

It's in gorgeous condition. The only issue is that both cuffs have started to separate about 1/2", but that could easily be stitched up. There is no actual damage to the threads.

Asking $75 shipped in the continental US. I will ship elsewhere for slightly more. Paypal only.

Size is like a modern Medium or around a 40R in jacket size terms; I normally wear a 42R jacket and it's slightly snug on me.
Chest: 21"
Length: 28"
Shoulders: 20"
Sleeves: 26" from the seam; 36" measured like a dress shirt sleeve.

DSCF7646-1.jpg
DSCF7647-1.jpg
DSCF7648-1.jpg
DSCF7649-1.jpg
DSCF7650-1.jpg
DSCF7651-1.jpg
DSCF7652-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21