Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Beaver Art Fawcett

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I just got a new custom made vintage hat body made from 1928 Vintage 100% Beaver fur. It is wonderful! It has a vintage ribbon, and of course the VS liner. My leather sweat has my initials punched in too.

The felt is the tightest I have seen in quite a while. Art did a splendid job. My pictures are taken in the evening sun, so colors may be off a bit. It is a great silverbelly color that has aged to a "tan".

Vintage Beaver 1
Vintage Beaver 2
Vintage Beaver 3

Gershomite

New in Town
It sounds great Andy, but I cannot get into the photobucket site to see it. It is asking for 'andykev' login in order to proceed.

:cry:

Gersh

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks for the post AK, the first pic looks like mauve ribbon on my screen, hope it isn't that way on everyone's :)
Since I have seen you the dark brown beaver bodies came in and WOW..are they terrific. I have one almost finished but alas have to go to Santa Monica in the morning for the show this weekend so maybe I'll get it done next week before another trip north. If I do I'll post some pics for everyone's enjoyment.

myronw

New in Town
Hi Guys,

That hat looks like it must be my Christmas hat's twin sister! I was hoping that Art would post pictures, but I guess Andykev beat him to it. Wear it in good health.

Keep smiling,

Myron

gcollins

One of the Regulars
Oh my, Art is getting beaver now??? Oh man, talk to me with a nice VS Collegiate in a nicely pounced beaver with a 2.5" brim!

Are you getting other colors in that, Art?

G

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Hi G,
I have more colors on order and should have them soon. I will email as soon as I have them in hand and can photograph them. I'm in Santa Monica now for the show so hopefully they will be waiting for me next week.
Cheers

Art

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Old Hat, I actually HAVE a grey Dobbs with a mauve ribbon on the site ( I just added 20 hats before leaving for LA) and believe it or not it looks terrific. I am definitely a "mauve" fan. :cool2:

Alright, alright you guys! As the guy with the manliest avatar, I need to put my two cents in here. :p
I think AK might have the color off in his camera bit. That ribbon is not quite so striking a color---pastel or otherwise----in reality. I have seen Art use this on many a hat to good avail.
As for that California crack, I may be living in California but that is because my relatives had the good sense to get out of the snow and humidity that makes PEOPLE turn colors such as puce, magenta and mauve. :p Come on, get out the snow and come to sunny California and help us get rid of the remaining hippies---send them to the snow. :kick: :)

Regards to all,

J

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks go to Art

The true art is Art. The hat color is closest to the last two, the first was taken in the shade and the color is a bit off. It is a silver belly that has aged to a light tan.

gcollins

One of the Regulars
I'm with Old Hat, a rust belt native, and can't fathom wearing a pastel hat. Andykev gets away with it and looks great though. But ever since I met Art, he makes these awesome hats in pastels that just look awesome! Even if I don't wear it, it stands as a work of art that I enjoy admiring more than the Picasso drawings on the wall that my wife likes so much.

Now if I was in Florida, like Sharpey or LA like Root, I might try it out. But, alas, I am still the villain in Shanghai, wearing the dark olive collegiate or GH black numbers. :cool:

G

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Simply breath taking, well done as alway Art. Wow, I am at a loss for words my friend, that truely is a master work. There is nothing like a vintage felt, oh my, not even Optimo can top it in my opinion. I am not knocking Optimo, but vintage felt not only has the physical feel to it but a kind of spiritual connection too, to the era that is.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
You are right. Vintage felt can't be beat even buy the best modern attempts. I can torture the vintage hats and the two things I notice are that they taper not and they droop little. Optimo has a great felt... top of the line. Doesn't droop, though still shrinks. Nobody out there so far can make a felt that holds shape without shrinking. They can tout what it is made of in felt content all they want, though unless it can take the elements like a vintage hat It really is just another modern attempt. The vintage felts take the cake when compared to anything modern made... no contest.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
WOW, thank you for your replies gentlemen!! I've been away just long enough. The pic is too cool zeus!! Definitely mauve!!! now c'mon G, admit it...it's a pretty cool combo. Why not try the "pretty boy" image on your Shanghai clients? Who knows where it could lead. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21