Vintage Blue Portis Open Road for sale on Ebay right now

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Joshbru3, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

Hello everyone,

Ive been watching this hat but its not my size. Its a 6 3/4. I spoke with the seller and had him post a picture of the inside of the hat. He only had one picture before. I just wanted to tell all you loungers because ive never seen a blue open road with purplish/blueish ribbon treatment. I hope one of the loungers wins the auction and post all those wonderful pics.

2. Aren't active auctions taboo?[huh]

3. volatile

volatile A-List Customer

4. Stetson offered Open Roads in 24 colors from an old ad that was posted here. Now throw in all the possible OR clones out there by other companies & the color possibilities are numberous. Just don't see that many of the "odd" colors that have survived...

5. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

Wow, I didnt know that Stetson had that many colors for open roads. I guess ive personally never seen an odd color like that. And not to mention that its a Portis. I would snatch it up, but it would never fit me. I really hope someone on the lounge finds some interest in the hat.

6. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

I have always wondered how many of those non-standard colors were sold..

7. rlk

rlk I'll Lock Up

Blue Portisi

I briefly had these 3 blue hats made by Portis in the same style, unfortunately 3 sizes smaller than my head.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

Well no one bid on the hat, so I got it. I will be receiving it in a week or so. If anyone is interested in the hat, let me know. It wont fit me......

9. fluteplayer07

fluteplayer07 One Too Many

It would be a nice display hat. But I need to save money for hats that fit me right now. :) I guess I should stop buying hats and save my money, period, but we all know that's never going to happen. :p :D

10. bolthead

bolthead My Mail is Forwarded Here

how much?
    what's the circumference?

11. Joshbru3

Joshbru3 I'll Lock Up

I will let everyone know the details once i get the hat. the tag size is 6 3/4, but it may actually fit larger. i will take some measurements.