Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Cal - It's changing my outlook on things

AHP91

Practically Family
Oh man I love the Cals. Here’s one of my prized ones
511C3609-7FCA-40CF-8C34-C32E20984BCB.jpeg

AAC5D256-CD66-4BEE-9A98-D734D492B2AE.jpeg

D6CDA5CD-F839-4A6F-935D-CB1174579C11.jpeg

Leather Walker

Practically Family
I find a harmonious balance between high-quality, efficiency and art. Definitively, vintage Cals are one of the most precious garments anyone can found to approach perfection. Each one is unique and distinct from the others. When something was made in the old way, by hand, and out of the best materials, it speaks for itself.

1698839672073.jpg
1698839672038.jpg
1698839672055.jpg

Destruct

Familiar Face
Picked up a few Cals in LA over the weekend while I was there for Inspiration. Will be moving on 2 of the 3, but all of them are really beautiful.

1. This jacket has an incredible thick, pebbly hide that’s super soft. No inner tag but everything functional. This is likely the one I’ll be holding on to. The hide on this one is really something special and the fit is great.

2. This is the first Cal I’ve owned with original collar. Great leather and label is “Leather by Leather Hollywood” if anyone recognizes.

3. This jacket has a beautiful topcoat fade throughout with “Cal-Leather” label. I’d really like to keep this one but it’s too damn short.

Overall, great weekend trip from NorCal. :)

IMG_6002.jpeg

IMG_6005.jpeg
IMG_6008.jpeg

IMG_6006.jpeg

IMG_6009.jpeg

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Congrats! All three are fantastic! I'd say the first jacket was made during the Star Glove period, judging by the type of hide and its sewing work.

I guess the "Leather by leather" label was from a kink store, like "Leather Forever", etc. This one with the collar is my favorite (just saying!).

Leigh H

Practically Family
Picked up a few Cals in LA over the weekend while I was there for Inspiration. Will be moving on 2 of the 3, but all of them are really beautiful.

1. This jacket has an incredible thick, pebbly hide that’s super soft. No inner tag but everything functional. This is likely the one I’ll be holding on to. The hide on this one is really something special and the fit is great.

2. This is the first Cal I’ve owned with original collar. Great leather and label is “Leather by Leather Hollywood” if anyone recognizes.

3. This jacket has a beautiful topcoat fade throughout with “Cal-Leather” label. I’d really like to keep this one but it’s too damn short.

Overall, great weekend trip from NorCal. :)

View attachment 607452
View attachment 607454 View attachment 607455

View attachment 607456
View attachment 607457

3 in one weekend!!!!

you lucky son of a ....

1st one looks mint too!!

Destruct

Familiar Face
Congrats! All three are fantastic! I'd say the first jacket was made during the Star Glove period, judging by the type of hide and its sewing work.

I guess the "Leather by leather" label was from a kink store, like "Leather Forever", etc. This one with the collar is my favorite (just saying!).
Wow!! Super cool if true, I’ve never handled a Star Glove!!

The one with collar is nice, but I’m not the biggest fan of the fit after wearing it these past few days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm