Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage cars, golden era photo shoots

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Here is a picture taken of deco friends taken for a Russian car magazine featuring another deco friend and his 1934 Citroen Traction Avant. The gallery page link is included from the photographer's website. There are several photo shoots there with terrific vintage cars and vintage dressed folks, many of whom I recognize from the No. California Art Deco Society. Enjoy!

http://www.drivebackintime.com/galleries.html
citroen4.jpg

FountainPenGirl

One of the Regulars
billav.jpg

I just thought I would put this up. This is my husband with a 1930 Model A Ford we were working on. We decided to take it out for a test drive. I thought it made for a cool picture in the snow.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Wow! That Model A Ford looks like one I see tooling around town just about every day. Every Saturday at the Cider Creek Bakery several folks get together there with their classic cars and that one is usually there. It could be a twin. lol That model of Ford was my Pops first car when he was 17. He bought it for $75 back in 1946.
I'll see if I can get some good pics soon of the collective of cars at the bakery to share. Great cars to see.

Cheers!

Dan

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Fantastic!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Thanks for sharing your photo here.

FountainPenGirl said:
billav.jpg

I just thought I would put this up. This is my husband with a 1930 Model A Ford we were working on. We decided to take it out for a test drive. I thought it made for a cool picture in the snow.

FountainPenGirl

One of the Regulars
571w.jpg

Hi, Here's another one. This is what I call an anytime picture. It could have been taken anytime in the last 50 years. This is my '57 Pontiac. I took the picture a number of years ago but the car still looks the same. I just drove it today.:)

Mid-fogey

Practically Family
Nah...

57plymouth said:
I may get stoned for this, but the true pinnacle of automotive styling was 1955 to 1960. There never has and never will be a time when cars were as stunning as the late fifties.

...nobody will stone you here. Just don't expect widespread agreement.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
57plymouth said:
I may get stoned for this, but the true pinnacle of automotive styling was 1955 to 1960. There never has and never will be a time when cars were as stunning as the late fifties.

Picture002.jpg

Picture008.jpg

What, no running boards?

No brass?

Self-starters?

HMMMPFH!

StraightEight

One of the Regulars
57plymouth said:

Amen brother! Well, at least, as stunning as a Virgil Exner Mopar.

DSC_0444psa.jpg

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Redlands CA 1930:

l_5633810176dd4a63a37b6cd4d43b063b.jpg

1928 Buick:

l_966f7d707f834dc081cf19fcbf242c6a.jpg

On the lamb in '33! ('29 Chevy that the Barrow Gang stole in '33 and used in three gas station robberies in Spencer Iowa)

l_c38a727d32c089739616110dc2ed54d2.jpg

Eagle Field with a '41 Packard.

l_6eb5e8657f9b4f18875704bbc5c9ab51.jpg

Santa Fe 3751 Northern with my '46 Plymouth

l_76f5bc0d2121c7da681e5b248ff02ec8.jpg

l_5d3ee2d8fd20cabd91291665354a5a2c.jpg

Out on Live Oak Canyon Road in Redlands CA:

l_bb7eef7fbea0692ec876792937f264ea.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Train and F-86

Forgotten Man said:
Redlands CA 1930:
Out on Live Oak Canyon Road in Redlands CA:
l_bb7eef7fbea0692ec876792937f264ea.jpg
I love the last photos! I am not a big train fan, but those night time photos are the best ever. Do you have the classic one where the train is passing the drive in theater just as a squadron of F-86s appear on the screen? Talk about the old and the new!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
All the photos I posted were taken over a 5 year period. None of them were taken in the period. :D And thanks!

I have seen the photo of the cars at the drive in as a Santa Fe northern passes by... Pretty neat photo... taken I believe in the mid 50s? But, it's a popular shot for game rooms and such. Often I'll see a nice print at a swap-meet.

Oh, if you don't care much for trains, wait till you get next to a real live steam loco like 3751... it's amazing really to think of the power steam locomotives had... and to hear that whistle... Amazing. You'll change your toon! ;)

Train's ain't all kids stuff and Thomas the Tank Engine... It's how people used to move place to place in the Golden Age.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Forgotten Man said:
... I really dig the first one... looks spot on! Dig the over-alls... I wear them most of the time.

Thanks. Coming from you (based upon the always excellent quality of your photos), that's a real compliment.

Now that I'm retired, overalls are just about the daily wear. You can't beat them for working around the place, and no question about them having a "vintage look".

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tomasso said:
... BTW, cute kid; looks like a Little Rascal.

Thanks. I'm proud of my grandson (but what granddad wouldn't be). He is a good kid, but sometimes can give the Little Rascals a run for their money. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider