Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Cooper A-2 Flight Jacket 44R

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
As nearly half of the items I've listed on ebay in the past 2 weeks have gone to Loungers, I decided to give first crack on these to you guys. If they're not purchased by Thursday, July 31, I'm putting them up on ebay. These are the auction listings that I've already prepared. I've got three items at the moment and will put each in its own thread. Here we go:

Starting price for this auction will be $25 with a buy-it-now of $150.
FOR PURPOSES OF THIS POST, LOUNGE PRICE IS $125 (plus shipping, as detailed below).

Vintage Cooper A-2 Flight Jacket 44R

There have been more than a few icons who have worn an A-2 style jacket. Steve McQueen in "The Great Escape" and Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones were just some of the bigger names to help make the A-2 synonymous with heroism and rugged adventure.

Long before the big screen showed McQueen and Ford taking on Nazis, however, the heroes of WWII were building the reputation upon which the movies would base their characters. There is, perhaps, no single piece of clothing that symbolizes American struggle, hope, and victory more than the A-2 flight jacket.

This auction is for a Vintage Cooper A-2 Flight Jacket in goatskin, size 44R.

As shown in the photos, there are several tags in the jacket:

The large, orange tag reads: Cooper, Type A-2, Under exclusive manufacturing by the cooper defense contract division, U.S. Air Force.

The white tag beneath the orange tag reads: Type A-2, Size 44R, GAC 201-01-8101M, Cooper Sportswear Mfg. Co., Inc.

To the right of both tags is the Made in USA tag.

A tag on the left, inside seam gives care instructions, while another lists the content of the jacket as:

Shell 100% Goatskin Leather

Lining 50% Cotton, 50% Polyester

This jacket is in great, but used, condition.

Measurements: I measured the sleeve length with the jacket laying flat. From the armpit seam to the very end of the cuff is 17". From the shoulder seam (the point where the sleeve joins the body of the jacket) to the end of the cuff is 25".

Leather: There is one small stain, possibly ink, on the left pocket, which is partially concealed when the flap is closed. There are no other stains, rips, or holes in the goatskin, which is very soft and pliable. The color is a dark brown and has some age marbling throughout, as shown in the photos.

Zipper and Fasteners: The Ideal zipper remains well sewn into the jacket and functions smoothly. All buttons, the throat latch, and the grommets under the arms are tightly secured and in excellent condition.

Lining and Cuffs: The cotton/polyester lining and cuffs have no rips or holes, but are just a little "pilly." They are not at all what I would consider to be excessively worn.

***While I have cross listed this item as a military collectible, original US uniform, I am uncertain of its origin and history. Please do not buy this jacket as an authentic, historical US Air Force issued jacket without first performing the necessary research. I make no warranty as to the history of this jacket.***

Payment is by Paypal only and is due within 48 hours of the end of the auction.

Actual shipping will be charged to Loungers. I hedge my bets on ebay such that I sometimes lose a bit, but sometimes come out ahead.

This is a vintage item. Please read the description carefully, review the photos, and email me with any questions. There are no returns.

135798065_tp.jpg

135798080_tp.jpg

135798046_tp.jpg

135798094_tp.jpg

135798106_tp.jpg

135798132_tp.jpg

135798117_tp.jpg

I can provide larger photo files to anyone who requests them.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
These 2 listings will hit ebay tomorrow at around noon.
Please contact me by then if you want to get in on them before then.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
These items are no longer available directly through me. They will be on ebay on Sunday, and I will post links to the auctions at some point.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
The jacket sold by BIN. I guess the first post is a bit old, so the title of this post is locked from editing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner