Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Dating

Sam J

New in Town
I was recommend to this forum by a blogger friend and thought my new website might be of interest to some of the members.

After listening to many of my vintage friends complaining how difficult they find it to find a partner who is equally obsessed with vintage interests I though I would create a solution. My new site is http://www.here2eternity.net and is a dating site aimed solely at people with a love of all things vintage.

I'm currently looking for people to help me to test the site in return for a free premium membership and would love your feedback about how it's working and what you think would improve it.

If this post is in the wrong section, may I apologise profusely and ask for direction!

MissHannah

One Too Many
This is brilliant! I had the same idea a few years back but never did anything about it - I'm so glad somebody else did :)

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Cool site. My only suggestion is that a real pic of the person, or no person be required. As tempting as it will surely be to post a picture of your favorite movie star, that is a bit deceptive in the end, and will result in a lot of people wasting time clicking on certain profiles hoping to get a date with lauren Becall.

Sam J

New in Town
Thank you so much for your encouragement. It's still a work in progress and I'm getting great feedback off people and I'm plotting all sorts of things to improve and develop the site, such as an events guide and iphone app etc.

I have been suprised (thrilled!) at the response I have had and even more suprised that the girls are out numbering the boys almost 3 to 1! it will be like the end of WWI out there.

Now! Reetpleat, I'm afriad I have some splendid news for you, only one person has a picture of a movie star - my top swoon making beauty Miss Hayworth herself - all the other pictures are completely genuine, so pop in that monocle and brace yourself for some of the finest women you have ever seen, all decorously draped about one site!!!! Several of the members are personal friends so I can vouch for their appearance, I think people were a little nervous about posting real pictures during the first couple of days as it was a little sparse, but people are now merrily posting pictures and filling out profiles like ducks to water.

I am so very grateful to everyone who's joined and helped with all the little glitches :D

Sam J

New in Town
Jest ye not sir, I have seen some considerable age gaps, and the gals of Blighty have been known to have more than a passing delectation for you fancy American types! ;)

Fifty150

One Too Many
You don't need a dating website. Plenty of old men will go out with a younger girl. It's much harder the other way around. A young boy has a very difficult time trying to find an older woman.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dare I say it?
Those single people who are in love with the golden era can post a short introductory profile right on this thread… And see if you get any interest. (Obviously don’t post anything that could compromise your security. And keep it short.) In what region do you live? How old are you? What’s your top golden era thrill? Roughly, what type of person are you looking for? As ever at the FL, keep it polite, respectful, good natured and civil. No politics allowed. Absolutely no making fun of others.

As for me (not to brag) I’ve been with the same wonderful woman since 1982, so I am definitely not looking for anyone. However, I am interested in keeping this message board alive, dynamic, filled with new and interesting content, and a fun and active place for those of us who like the vintage lifestyle.

Fifty150

One Too Many
Why not just start a thread, for single people to introduce themselves, state what their interests are, and declare their intentions?

I am 5150.

I am from Chinatown.

My birth sign is a Panda.

I like goldfish, ice cream, watching the sun set, and long walks on the beach.

I am looking for someone who is hip, groovy, with it, and digs fern bars.

I live with 2 female roommates. A blonde and a brunette. I cook in a restaurant. My spare time is usually spent at The Regal Beagle, with my best friend, Larry Dallas who is a used car salesman.

Jon Crow

One of the Regulars
I was recommend to this forum by a blogger friend and thought my new website might be of interest to some of the members.

After listening to many of my vintage friends complaining how difficult they find it to find a partner who is equally obsessed with vintage interests I though I would create a solution. My new site is http://www.here2eternity.net and is a dating site aimed solely at people with a love of all things vintage.

I'm currently looking for people to help me to test the site in return for a free premium membership and would love your feedback about how it's working and what you think would improve it.

If this post is in the wrong section, may I apologise profusely and ask for direction!
I guess that's similar to being a reenactor, I was a reenactor for years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch