Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Dobbs Fifth Avenue Size 7

humanshoes

One Too Many
Thought I'd offer up this beautiful old Dobbs Fifth Avenue fedora here on the lounge before sending it off to the bay. I found this fine specimen in a basement where it was tucked away inside a box of ladies hats. Too cruel a fate for this or any good hat. Now, I'm getting pretty tired of certain sellers describing their hats as "mint" when they are anything but so I won't go there. I will say that this hat appears to have been well taken care of with no mothing or damage that I can see. The is a dark spot at the top front of the crown and a small stain on the brim right next to the bow. Aside from that, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves as to condition and answer any and all questions that you may have. The basics: Approx. 2 3/4 inch brim with about a 4 1/2" front crown height as bashed. The felt, of course is soft and quite maleable as was the norm back in the day. Just a joy to the touch. The sweatband is supple and intact. My color deficient eyes tell me this hat is beige or light brown, but I could be wrong. I've taken pictures with and without flash so maybe you can tell better than I. Original size tag is missing, but the label beneath the sweat states a size 7 and with an approximate interior circumference of just under 22" this is probably close to being correct. It saddens me greatly that this hat is not closer to my 7 3/8 head size, but you can't win 'em all so you can wear it for $125 with free shipping in the CONUS.
IMG_2255.jpg IMG_2256.jpg IMG_2257.jpg IMG_2261.jpg IMG_2262.jpg IMG_2265.JPG IMG_2267.jpg IMG_2269.JPG IMG_2264.jpg

Now on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dobbs-Fifth-Avenue-Vintage-034-Whippet-034-Style-Fedora-/151571500700?

Last edited:

humanshoes

One Too Many
True.

And I also wish this lid was a 7 3/8. Very nice!

Far too nice to spend the rest of it's days in a box. If it were a 7 1/4 I'd stretch it up a size and keep it. I suppose I can take some solace in the fact that the vintage Borsalino I got with it fits me perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo