Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Eastman SFAD B3 size 42R

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Also, be careful on eBay, most of all he is there too and opens disputes that he did not receive the parcel if there is no tracking or received a brick if there is tracking
Are you saying Lebowski is selling/buying on eBay too? Do you know his eBay username?
If it's true what you're saying (that he's also scamming eBay sellers) how can PayPal rule in his favor time and time again?

Bennarion

One Too Many
I don’t know the username, but I think those who sold him through eBay know here. You probably know that an unscrupulous buyer can easily open a dispute on eBay that he did not receive the goods or received but not what he bought. In most cases, eBay will return the money to him

Monsieur Grrr

New in Town
Ebay and Paypal have only one policy: the customer is always right ...
Lebowski tried to get me three weeks ago with my ELC B-3 on the forum VLJ , he started with a direct offer and discussed the shipping costs ... I didn't let that happen . Then he tried the Paypal payment for a merchandise , I refused and requested a Paypal friend and family , He dropped the case on the pretext of poor transport monitoring because of the Covid . I specify that I informed my friend Peter of Lebowski's intentions, and Peter warned me that he was already reported on Fedora . here is some evidence of Lebowski's scam attempt ...

Attachments

• D2CBD1D7-340F-4561-9C47-16C6CF831DA8.jpeg
    D2CBD1D7-340F-4561-9C47-16C6CF831DA8.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 766
  • 264EC7A9-279F-4A1B-9BC4-F332FD878806.jpeg
    264EC7A9-279F-4A1B-9BC4-F332FD878806.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 826
  • BFECFC67-DAE7-47E1-8B33-9643E8DF306B.jpeg
    BFECFC67-DAE7-47E1-8B33-9643E8DF306B.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 748

dannyk

One Too Many
I don’t know how I’m just noticing all this. But I just sold 3 pairs of boots to him over the last few months. I had the same exact packing instructions and and bs back and forth. But thing is, he paid, filed no complaints and never messaged me back saying anything wasn’t what he ordered. He was difficult and anal or that’s how I viewed him, but no actual issues as I said. Everything paid and in my account safely. Actually @Monitor you may remember this cause I messaged you about how “crazy” his shipping and packaging requests were. Glad
He’s outed, glad he’s gone. Funny I too thought he was a long standing member with history here. Strange how this all played out really.

I don’t know how I’m just noticing all this. But I just sold 3 pairs of boots to him over the last few months. I had the same exact packing instructions and and bs back and forth. But thing is, he paid, filed no complaints and never messaged me back saying anything wasn’t what he ordered. He was difficult and anal or that’s how I viewed him, but no actual issues as I said. Everything paid and in my account safely. Actually @Monitor you may remember this cause I messaged you about how “crazy” his shipping and packaging requests were. Glad
He’s outed, glad he’s gone. Funny I too thought he was a long standing member with history here. Strange how this all played out really.

Oh yeah! I remember clearly now, how things were getting weird - though I can understand that bit about cardboard inserts as postal workers in ex-Commie countries do tend to get a bit scalpel happy when opening overseas packages to inspect what's inside - but yeah, in the end, you told me that all went well. I forgot it was the same member, though as I'm no good with names and keep confusing him with the other member who's got a similar nickname.

Snackson

Familiar Face
Ebay and Paypal have only one policy: the customer is always right ...
Lebowski tried to get me three weeks ago with my ELC B-3 on the forum VLJ , he started with a direct offer and discussed the shipping costs ... I didn't let that happen . Then he tried the Paypal payment for a merchandise , I refused and requested a Paypal friend and family , He dropped the case on the pretext of poor transport monitoring because of the Covid . I specify that I informed my friend Peter of Lebowski's intentions, and Peter warned me that he was already reported on Fedora . here is some evidence of Lebowski's scam attempt ...

Interestingly, he mentions that he recently bought a jacket from Belgium (mine) and that all went well.... I guess he would not say that if he was sent an old blanket.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I’d like any theories as to the status of my jacket I “sold” him as well. Is there a creative way he could have made it appear the jacket is still en route without being delivered yet delivered? Idk, it seemed to me like a genuine postal loss in my case. Perhaps he has some really crappy post office there, hence the paranoia on his end? The vibe I got during my interaction was that he was trying very hard to not have the box opened by postal officials, and I attributed this to the likelihood of theft on their end.

Snackson

Familiar Face
I will call Paypal tomorrow and hopefully convince them to have a look at all the posts in this thread. I cannot imagine that they would still rule in his favour after that. May already be too late as they already denied my appeal, but it is worth a try.
Again, thanks all. It occurred to me that he has never once stated his full name, just Tony. My Paypal payment went to dremnad@yandex.ru, which he claims is his wife Nadya. Also all email comes from that address.

Flightengineer

Practically Family
Russian Post of course is far from ideal (when compared, for example, with USPS), however, the loss of international parcels is rare, especially if there have tracking number. Especially EMS.
During my life and long career in cargo aviation, we carried a lot of mail and saw how parcels are handled and unloaded from the plane, sometimes it is painful to watch (and this is not only in Russia). I mean how the parcels are dropped and how they are thrown when loading by staff. Therefore, careful packaging is of course very important.
Over the past 3 years, Russian Post has lost only one my parcel (with a track number) from eBay (it was a soft inexpensive toy for my daughter), although I receive a lot of parcels from any countries. They all arrived safely and without any problems. Once the parcel arrived very long time (came into another post office by mistake) but it was still delivered to me in the end. If the parcel has tracking number, then usually there is no problem.
There has never been a substitution of content. The story with an old blanket instead of a jacket looks very strange. I would rather believe that the package was lost than that someone took out a jacket and put rags in there and gave it to the post office.
Moreover, when a person receives a parcel in the post office, he always looks at the integrity of the package, in your case there should have been a branded package and scotch tape from the Belgian Post probably. If it would have been opened, then ALWAYS an inspection report and a claim to the Russian Post are drawn up right on the spot, this is an official procedure and this is monitored. If the customs office opened the parcel to check (this very rarely happens), then it is sealed with customs scotch tape (or Rusian Post scotch tape) and the postal worker always informs about this and requires verification by the recipient - so that he makes sure that, despite the opening, the contents are not damaged and the recipient has no complaints about the Post. This is also always assured by a special act signed by the recipient and the employee of the post office.

Cognoscente

One of the Regulars
I had him try to lowball me twice on eBay, stating that her saw “flaws” in the stitching and that my jackets were not authentic “first quality”. He tried to use his rep on this forum to prove that he was some sort of expert. I told him I know what my jackets are worth and asked him why he still wanted them if he thought they were flawed or not authentic. He was very persistent and then said that they were nice enough for the price he was asking. I told him to leave me alone and that I wouldn’t sell anything to him. I have since deleted his correspondence cause I was tired of looking at his bs in my message folder. Wish I still remembered his eBay name. I only remember his name here cause I am a fan of the movie The Big Lebowski. I wonder what he is doing with all this stuff he scammed or bought. He has to be selling them somewhere else.

Micawber

A-List Customer
I’d like any theories as to the status of my jacket I “sold” him as well. Is there a creative way he could have made it appear the jacket is still en route without being delivered yet delivered? Idk, it seemed to me like a genuine postal loss in my case. Perhaps he has some really crappy post office there, hence the paranoia on his end? The vibe I got during my interaction was that he was trying very hard to not have the box opened by postal officials, and I attributed this to the likelihood of theft on their end.

More likely he was keen to avoid paying import taxes and or additional shipping costs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm