Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Eddie Bauer shoes?

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I picked these up the other day. At first I thought they were a new copy of an old style. But the heels seemed definitely vintage. All leather with the metal thing at the wear point. Anyone know when these were no longer made?

Then i looked closely and decided they were likely 40s. then I looked online and saw that they discontinued the name of Expidition Outfitters in the 70s, so they are older than that. So much for the new copy theory.

But it seems unusual for a store to be selling branded shoes obviously made by a regular sho factory. Do you think these are 40s?

Also, I know they did a lot of stuff for the army, sleeping bags and such. could these be some type of uniform shoes/ I know WW II officers shoes were brown plain shoes. Would the pebble finish be acceptable uniform wear? and would the slight decorative think on the side be uniform acceptable?

Or are they just cool old or newer shoes. They seem to be heavy and well made, so I would think forties or maybe fifties.

Picture011.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture015.jpg

cookie

I'll Lock Up
They are modern but probably made in the 80s when the heel cleat thing was still installed by whoever(probably Florsheim) made these shoes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff