Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage German suit on Ebay for cheap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Seems that the Cinetex guys have started some kind of offensive today...

Vintage German suit for $39.00...

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Anzug-1930er...?pt=Mode_nach_Jahrzehnten&hash=item41628a95d5

There seems to be even more stuff in their ebay shops.

p1020517.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Where clothing is concerned my problem lies with the metric measurements. I know all my measurements - in inches. If I need them in cm I need a calculator... :D

I've just spent the best part of half an hour converting the measurements only to discover there is nothing in my size!

Any idea of why the suits are so cheap? Is it just that they have more black suits than anybody could ever need? At that price I would buy them about a dozen - if they fitted!

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Because they collected suits for years and black suits don't sell as good.

I think their idea was to sell em en grosse to movie wardrobe departments. This didn't work out as good as the thought so they slowly expanded their strategy to private sellers. First on invitation only. Now this seems to be another step.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
quite a coincidence Mario that they launch on British ebay the day after you showed one of their suits in the 30s suits thread. any connection between those two events ?? ;)

Actually, no. But when I asked them a couple of days ago if I could post some photos of that suit, they also told me that they're about to finally launch their ebay shops over the next few days - which they did. ;)

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
we might have to change the name of this thread. some of the prices are very high. there's a 1920s suit for £700.
if it has the sort of features that Marc's recent suit has then ok, but it's a pretty straightforward suit. nothing remarkable feature-wise.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lots of the more expensive suits are exactly my size in the jacket (although on the short side). ALL of the trousers are too short.
Same here.

The business they're doing with film making companies is actually going pretty well.
Ok. I just figured because they no longer refuse to sell to private persons. Maybe we'll see some well equipped movies soon.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
the German rear pocket flaps seem to be further down than on Brit suit trousers. also, some of the fly buttons are huge !
there's quite an array of different pocket treatments compared to regulation Brit ones, but this might be because we're comparing mainly bespoke (German) to production-line (Brit) and there's loads of latitude for quirky detailing once you get into bespoke.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
But this is the first time that I see what appears to be an upside-down pocket flap.

it looks like a flap but the sides are sewn down. it's made like a chest welt-pocket, just shaped differently. Qirrel explained this type of flap better than me on another thread (i think in 'Gents, show us what you've made'). never seen it on vintage Brit trousers yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21