Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Guiterman 30s Brown Horsehide Half-belt 40

pmjennings

New in Town
I bought this jacket from Dinerman a couple years ago. The leather was kind of dry, but still strong, so I gave it several Pecard treatments. I then replaced a lot of the original stitching, which was disintegrating, with some heavy linen thread. And I also put in a new brown linen lining. It was a lot of work, and I love the jacket, but it just doesn’t quite fit. Rather than keep it and never wear it, I’d rather someone else enjoy it.

The leather is soft and supple. Some areas on the sleeves are cracked and worn. Some spots on the cuffs have worn through. There is a tear under the left pocket opening that I stitched. The inside of left pocket also has a hole that needs to be stitched. The Scovill zipper, as far as I know, is an old replacement.

Her’s a link to what the jacket looked like when I got it. Post #250 https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/show-us-your-vintage-half-belts.54936/page-13

Measurements are all with jacket lying flat.

Front length: 21.5
Pit to cuff: 16.5
Shoulder to cuff: 24.5
Shoulder to shoulder: 18
Pit to pit: 22
Back length: 24
Bottom width: 20
Cuff width: 5

I have no real idea how to price this, so I'll set the price at $300 and invite offers. Price includes shipping. I'm in S. Korea, so I'll ship it via EMS.

Please feel free to ask any questions!

DSC03988.jpg

DSC03972.jpg

DSC03987.jpg

DSC03973.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider