Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage health & safety posters found in UK warehouse

Warden

One Too Many
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents has discovered a host of vintage health and safety posters from the 50s, 60s and 70s in a warehouse.

Here, the society's history project manager, Janice Cave, describes the posters found and talks about what they tell us about changing attitudes to safety, and about wider social change in Britain.

Read the BBC News story here

_60225510_rospacopyright_warmthechild.jpg

Talbot

One Too Many
I still remember warming myself up in front of one of those things as a child after a bath.

If you werent careful you could get a pretty good burn on your......oh never mind.

Warden

One Too Many
We have an open fire and with our youngest starting to crawl, I guess it is time to build a fire guard.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not to scare anyone, but I met someone who was badly burnt by a spark from a fireplace. She was a child, and their parents were keeping the kids away from the fire (on the other side of the room) on Christmas day. A spark flew onto the tree that was ten feet from the fire and the tree burst into flames and this poor young lady and her sister were horribly burnt. They were at least 15 feet away from the fire, if not more. It's really, really, really important to have a spark guard. That tree could be your sofa or your desk or anything else in your home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana