Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Hoard Discovered in UK

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Incredible. I wonder if she still had her father's clothing? He is wearing a fantastic white suit in one of the photos! British collectors would get rather excited by that.

Annixter

Practically Family
It's amazing that for a house in such decay, moths and other critters didn't eat the collection to dust.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
O

M

G

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no words...this is beyond all my dreams..... just unbelievable......

so sad so sad sad

I can not be there at the auction.:(

Annixter

Practically Family
Decay? For a hundred twenty five plus year old house, it's pretty good. Honestly if you could see some of the decay I saw while househunting!

After living in Buffalo and house-hunting in late 19th-century rental houses, I know what you mean.:D For a late 19th-century house, I agree it looks to be in good shape. I meant decay in the sense of slow deterioration, which I think plaster and wallpaper falling off the ceiling/walls suggests.

I'm curious to see what other household stuff will go up for auction too.

art_deco_fan

Familiar Face
Holy smokes the sheer volume of 'stuff' is staggering! women, enjoy the clothes, I want the highboy dresser! what a find for the vintage community!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
It's just as well I can not be at the auction..... the prices are going to be/were horribly high, make no mistake about it.... isn't that always the way?:mad:

MissMittens

One Too Many
It's in disrepair, but certainly not 'decaying'. What a treasure trove of wonderful clothing………makes me miss being in the UK, which at this time of year, is always difficult at best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ