Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vintage horsehide

kojax

Practically Family
does anybody here know how heavy is the vintage horsehide from us flightjacket .com looking for my father thanks again

dep126

Familiar Face
I received some leather samples from us authentic about a week ago. While it didn't state the weight the vintage was definitely thicker than the black which is stated on their website to be 3.5oz. Out of all the leather black was the most supple but also the thinnest. The vintage was also very soft but almost twice as thick. I can't believe the vintage is 3.5oz

JLStorm

Practically Family
dep126 said:
I received some leather samples from us authentic about a week ago. While it didn't state the weight the vintage was definitely thicker than the black which is stated on their website to be 3.5oz. Out of all the leather black was the most supple but also the thinnest. The vintage was also very soft but almost twice as thick. I can't believe the vintage is 3.5oz

US-A emailed me last week and told me they dont work with hides heavier than 3.5oz. They dont consider that to be leather suitable for use in garments. I was pretty bummed, but Im looking at other manufacturers, or I'll just stick with Aero.

Let me know if they tell you otherwise.

kojax

Practically Family
A-2 JACKET

i want to get my father a2 jacket from flightjacket.com i like the vintage horsehide or there dark seak brown goatskin be disscion lol what is better people

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
Although I am no expert I've read many times that goat hide is very hard wearing & takes a very long time to show natural wear. Great if you prefer a as "new" look for years to come.

If your Dad would prefer a worn or "aged" apperance on his jacket consider the horse. However even horse will take a lot of wearing in, but will eventually & certainly quicker than goat hide.

Artifficially aged hides like Time Worn by Eastman tend to be costly if very authentic looking!

Good luck with your choice, I've noticed a few of your other posts about an A2 for your Dad... its a great gift :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo