Vintage hunting and fishing photos

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by nobodyspecial, Nov 3, 2010.

1. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Practically Family

Yesterday afternoon the fellow behind this web site was on a local radio program. The site has hunting and fishing photos from the early 1900's which were taken by his relatives. If you are looking for inspiration or reference material you may find the web site useful. I think you can buy individual pictures and the fellow mentioned a book available as well.
    http://www.vintagehuntingphotos.com/index.html

2. The Good

The Good Call Me a Cab

Good pictures, thank you! It's been a while since I've went hunting myself, almost a year in fact.

3. number6

number6 Familiar Face

Great link , thanks !

4. DanielJones

DanielJones I'll Lock Up

Great pics in that site. Very inspirational indeed. Makes me want to look through the Filson catalog again.

Cheers!

Dan

5. shortbow

shortbow Practically Family

Great pics! Very interesting that in every single waterfowling photo there's not a single double gun. A-5's, M12's and M97's. Don't know if it's just a matter of a small group of friends and relatives, or a certain location, but it sorta gives the lie to the notion of the ubiquity of double guns in the "Golden Age." Thanks for the link!