Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Knox Twenty Stingy Brim Fedora 7 1/8

Purplesage

One Too Many
In order to make ends meet I am selling off a lot of my hats. This particular hat is a vintage Knox Twenty Custom Edge Stingy Brim fedora. The hat has no issues with the exception that it is missing the wind trolley button (it wasn't there when I purchased the hat) and some very faint foxing on the inside liner that you have to squint to see. The hat is dark brown with a black 2" ribbon and bow with a red feather. The crown is 5" tall (with center dent) and the brim is 1 3/4". The inside liner is in very good condition with the exception of the minor foxing already noted. The oilskin crown protector looks almost brand new. The 2" leather sweatband is soft and pliable and is firmly attached to the hat with stitching intact. There are no moth holes or nibs. The hat is a size 7 1/8 which is marked on a tag behind the sweatband. I actually hate to see this hat go. It's definitely for the Mad Men in all of us. I am asking $75.00 plus shipping which is what I paid for the hat. All reasonable offers considered.

3903c272.jpg

137c2b42.jpg

25675d42.jpg

fe93353c.jpg

da79b9ae.jpg

1db2091e.jpg

07071f31.jpg

4d9665bb.jpg

Last edited:

Dan Cav

New in Town
Unfortunately after consulting with the "Minister for War and Finance" ( ie. my wife :D) I was reminded of my other purchases this month (a nice Dobbs and new grips for my Colt.45) so apparently I have used my "allowance" already. Thank-you for your very generous offer Purplesage, sorry to have wasted your time. :)

Purplesage

One Too Many
You didn't waste my time since I was going to the post office anyway. Let me know if you change your mind I might be able to come down on the price a bit. Seems like my allowance is always used up as well.

ojaw

A-List Customer
Hello, I'm new here.
Unfortunately, I'm unable to see the images, did you move them perhaps?
I am a 7 1/8 and may be into such a hat as you describe.

Purplesage

One Too Many
I don't know what happened to the photos of the Knox. I'll send you some to take a look at. I have several stingy brim fedoras I am selling which are all in very good to NM condition. Most are size 7 1/8 and there may be one or two size 7 1/4. You can send me a private message or email letting me know what you are interested in.

Regard,
David S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran