Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Leather Jacket ID - SCANT Clues.........

jeo

One Too Many
Marc! I can't believe it, you found the jacket! :D I was looking for it everywhere, because the topic was spinning my mind from time to time, and I'm so glad it finally turned up. We can finally see the label! Does it say "Al Crowes" or "Browes"? I've googled the pic, the result is an Etsy sold item for near 90€...
Thank you for finding it!

@jeo bought it. Maybe he could share some additional pics?

Don’t have any pics on my phone but I’ll take some when I get back home. In the meantime, I found another one while at Inspiration LA.

IMG_8627.jpeg
IMG_8630.jpeg
IMG_8628.jpeg
IMG_8629.jpeg

Very Seattle Woolen looking back yoke. Sierra has this back yoke, but I’ve long suspected Sierra was made by Seattle Woolen. This one as well as the one I bought have a late 40’s Talon.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
I wasn't able to forget this topic. Identifying leather jackets is a fun hobby for me, it allows you to dive among lots of photos, websites, listings... A heaven!

This jacket is linked to me, because I tried the same model a while ago. I thought this was a kind of early Taubers at first, but many details confirmed otherwise.

Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to figure out which maker made this jacket... yet. But I found some photos of this same pattern that may offer more clues. Too bad there isn't any picture of the inside. There are those characteristic obelisks stitched in the lower back.

View attachment 410489 View attachment 410490 View attachment 410491

I'll keep reporting!
Cooper ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21