Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Leather Jackets-Fall 2021-For Sale

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Jacket weather is here where I live. I've had a good season buying and the closets are bulging! These jackets must move to allow for proper Flow.

Here are a few with more details coming

Albert Richard size 42/44

DSC05577.JPG
DSC05590.JPG
DSC05597.JPG
DSC05602.JPG

Windward c.late 50s Size 46

DSC05021.JPG
DSC04984.JPG
DSC04997.JPG

Seattle Woolen Horsehide Police Jacket c.1940s

DSC05534.JPG

DSC05559.JPG

Attachments

• DSC05003.JPG
    DSC05003.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 345

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I'm curious myself on the Windy....... I have the same jacket in a 48...... its too big yet still runs shortish. I'd like to see that back length measurement but I assume its on the short side.

@tmitchell59 Terry, I think you and I are the only souls who know what Seattle Woolen Police Jackets are. I saw that one too but I've got one in that size already along with a bigger one I got from you. Cool jackets and great hides and apparently only made in straight zips. Oldies too. Great vintage.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I'm curious myself on the Windy....... I have the same jacket in a 48...... its too big yet still runs shortish. I'd like to see that back length measurement but I assume its on the short side.

@tmitchell59 Terry, I think you and I are the only souls who know what Seattle Woolen Police Jackets are. I saw that one too but I've got one in that size already along with a bigger one I got from you. Cool jackets and great hides and apparently only made in straight zips. Oldies too. Great vintage.
Looks short.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
Looks short.

I've had a couple Windward jackets in this or similar styles and it seems almost like they made them ALL the same length regardless of size!! I mean......perhaps not quite but very close. I had a 42, then a 44 and never saw a 46 so I ended up rolling the dice on a HH size 48 and its still short while the body is of course---HUGE. Nice hides. Very boxy fit type. This seems to be the case with the Windwards with the elastic waist sides. They all seem to run a tad short for my taste. But that's vintage clothing for you.

@tmitchell59 will confirm, but as I recall it seemed like it was in the 42 range........

Might be interesting for you with your known love of all things CAL;)

I’m very interested. I’ve seen some Seattle Woolen with the horizontal stitching from the pockets like on a Cal. This one looks awesome.

Claybertrand

One Too Many
I’m very interested. I’ve seen some Seattle Woolen with the horizontal stitching from the pockets like on a Cal. This one looks awesome.

I'd love to hear your perspective on a comparison between the Woolen and the oldest Cals you've handled. BTW--Seattle Woolen is the beginning of what is now CC Filson up in Seattle. Cool history with the Seattle Woolens.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Ok, I misunderstood. It isn’t every day I see a light weight vintage long enough for me, but I suppose I also don’t want to seem greedy.
Good luck straightening out your Appalachian.
Peace,
David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB