Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Leather Jackets forum move

bfrench

Familiar Face
Hi, Folks,

I know some of you are members of the VLJ forum so I thought I'd pass this info along.

The VLJ forum has been running like cold molasses on a winter morning due to some changes the provider made to their servers forcing us to throw up our hands and move to another server dedicated to these type forums.

Our new url is - http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org

Like the Fedora Lounge, when you register, you'll be required to used an email address from a standard Internet Service Provider - no more Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, MSN or any other such free non traceable organization. It makes security easier and you can select in the USER CONTROL Panel to hide your email address from everybody - so nobody sees it.

Thanks,

Bill French

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Probably just as well. You people are a bad influence.
I've spent a heckuva lot more on one leather jacket
after only about a month on the site than I have on
hats in some years on the Fedora Lounge...

Seriously, though, just signed up again.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
You're cleared to land on the new VLJ airstrip..!

Just to remind all of you 'vintage flying jacket' enthusiasts out there that probably the 'most comprehensive knowledge base' for old flying jackets in any 'one place' on the WWW has moved to:

www.vintageleatherjackets.org

They are a fine bunch of gentlemen, but be warned...entering the VLJ to find out about old flying jackets...could prove addictive;)

Regards, PADDY M.

CBI

One Too Many
I had to clean out all of my temp files, cookies, etc. on my computer. As a result, I no longer have my list of frequent sites that I visit. For some reason, I am now unable to log on to vintageleatherjackets, any ideas why? If I click on the URL listed on THIS site, I am unable to access even as a visitor.

Hawk_Eye

One of the Regulars
Well I dont know about you, but I've been unable to access VLJ for the entire day, which is distressing considering I usually dont go more than a half hour at home without checking up on the latest jacket talk.

Rufus

Practically Family
Ol'VLJ seems to have a curse! I spend more time logging in, or trying to than posting!

;-) Ruf... going cold turkey!!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Glad to be an emergency landing strip :)

Windsock said:
Yes, it seems to be down again unfortunately.

Thanks to TFL for providing a place for lost VLJ'ers to meet up.

Get your breath back, a drink and chat in the old "Wind Sock Lounge Diner" and hopefully VLJ strip lights will be back on soon for a safe onward journey home ;)

fraazierjo

New in Town
VLJ Site

I dont know what the old site was like - this one is addictive. I keep going back to it about four times a day. Amazed there are so many other jacket nuts out there! I'm learning a lot and keepin' warm. It's usually pretty cool up here at 7,800 feet - even in the Summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana