Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage lee hat or hat body for modification. Not sold yet. 7 1/2 7 5/8

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
This is a pretty nice hat body. It is made by Lee. Not sure what year. Not 40s or probably not 50s. i think it is a cowboy hat, and the felt is a little thicker than typical fedora, but i think it could be repurposed into a pretty nice fedora with a new crown and ribbon. it is kind of a fuzzy style, not shaved I guess. Really nice looking and feels great. Not wool. I think traditional beaver. The crown is about six inches and the brim is 3 3/8. It is marked size 7 1/2 so I thought if stretched, it would be 3 5/8

The brim does not flip down that well, so i think it would actually be better to stretch it out a little bit so as to cup the brim more, or to use a flange maybe to give it more cupping so it will flip down better.

the brim was done in a kind of pork pie open road style, but would be a nice pinch crown.

I am looking for $40 including shipping in the US. Out of country would be a little more. I previously had mistyped the price. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Please call dibbs if you want it, then send me a pm. Please have a paypal account. I could use the money soon. let me know if you have any other questions.

Picture072.jpg

Picture073.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture075.jpg

Picture076.jpg

Picture077.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member