Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage LEE Rider Denim Jean Jacket 1970s Near MINT

pgoat

One Too Many
This is a nearly-new, Mens Lee jean jacket from the mid 1970s. I bought this jacket NOS, looking like it belonged on the rack in a store, selling as new. I've worn it maybe a dozen times, but am selling as I've lost weight and it is just too big for me.

It is a rarer model called "Lee Set" with 100% "Sanfor Set" Cotton, unwashed, unrinsed sanforized denim. The brass buttons are the usual "Lee Riders" models; the rear side tabs on the waistband have the usual black plastic buttons.

Main inner neck tag is still perfect; a side tag is frayed and illegible; the paper size tag read 46 Long but unfortunately that fell off when I wore it.

No smoke smells, no issues. The denim fabric feels just a hair lighter than normal Lee jackets of this era - not light weight by any means, but a bit softer hand to it than the regular Riders jacket, and the denim looks a bit more raw with more faint grays to the blue, less navy. This should go more towards deep blue if the jacket is washed or rinsed. Please note - Because it's sanforized, the jacket may shrink a teeny bit if rinsed or washed and dried, but not as much as a typical shrink-to-fit denim jacket.

In my experience, Lee jackets usually ran a bit shorter in the torso than Levis from the same era, so this one will fit just right in the torso for most folks. The sleeves are a tiny bit longer than normal (not as long as the ones on my other Lee Riders jacket), but for reference, in the photos, I am only 5'8", so it's probably a better fit for someone 5'10" - 6'. The chest is very roomy; when weighing around 200 pounds I usually take a size 42 and this feels more like a true 46.

I'm looking to get $100 even, which includes shipping anywhere in the ConUs; I will ship internationally, buyer pays shipping based on their location.
1l.jpg
1l3.jpg
1l4.jpg
1l5.jpg

1l1.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
Chest (jacket button, laid flat, measure pit to pit): 620mm/24.5"

Shoulders (seam to seam across widest part top from rear): 545mm/21.5"

Rear length (From top of collar to bottom hem): 26.25"

Sleeve length (measured like a dress shirt, center of collar down outside of arm to cuff end): 37"

Last edited:

pgoat

One Too Many
I took some new photos tonight with the tape measure - sorry, I should have done that with all the jackets I've posted here. You can see them in the album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/44195255@N04/albums/72157688199077163

I got:

Chest: 24.25" pit to pit, buttoned.
Sleeve: 26" from shoulder seam to end of cuff along outside
Shoulders: 20.75" seam to seam along back top edge
Hem: 24" down the back, from collar seam to end of waistband.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points