Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage neon signs

Washington, Franklin County, Missouri. The bar was opened in the 1930s and the sign was added in 1955. The bottom section originally read “Sharp Corner Bar”.

IMG_4899.jpeg

IMG_4899.jpeg

IMG_4900.jpeg

The Palace Hotel and Bath House, Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

1696986315675.png

"1940s -- Sign of the Times Like many hotels of an early era, the PALACE was a bordello.The famous neon sign hanging over the outside front entrance was the first neon sign installed west of the Mississippi River; (purportedly built by the French inventor of neon, Mr. Georges and shipped from France to America, then by rail to E.S. and then by truck to the Palace Hotel.)"

1696986872771.png

1696986345564.png

The Palace Hotel and Bath House, Eureka Springs, Arkansas.

View attachment 551398

"1940s -- Sign of the Times Like many hotels of an early era, the PALACE was a bordello.The famous neon sign hanging over the outside front entrance was the first neon sign installed west of the Mississippi River; (purportedly built by the French inventor of neon, Mr. Georges and shipped from France to America, then by rail to E.S. and then by truck to the Palace Hotel.)"

View attachment 551400

View attachment 551399

I can’t possibly be the only one thinking what I’m thinking about this sign. That it’s beckoning patrons to a bathhouse makes it all the richer.

nimra

New in Town
Vintage neon signs: Timeless artistry illuminated through vibrant colors. Each sign tells a story of a bygone era, evoking nostalgia and capturing the essence of classic Americana. Iconic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21