This was probably posted before, but now with the requested related information.
View attachment 443050
"August 2, 1931 - The Post Dispatch reported that the new Standard Station at the Hi Pointe was open. The triangular site was well known for the massive two sided Standard sign, once the largest of its kind in the country. The sign was 45 feet across, and 60-feet-tall. It contained 5,800 bulbs, 2,900 feet of neon tubing and five miles of wiring. It weighed 44 tons and used as much electricity as a town of 1,000 people, requiring its own electrical substation."
View attachment 443055
View attachment 443056
View attachment 443057