Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Original 1949 USN Peacoat rare size 46

Gav

Practically Family
Catch and release!

I recently bought this Navy peacoat which is sadly a size too big for me.

It is dated at 1949 from the label, pocket lining and buttons etc, according to @Peacoat fantastic thread. This is in remarkable condition as can be seen in the photos. There is virtually no wear anywhere on this coat with just a couple of minor nibbles by the moths on one sleeve (pictured). Otherwise it looks unworn with the Kersey wool and lining pretty much unmarked. When I unpacked it, I was sure I had got a repro rather than a 70 year old original.

Measurements (approx):
Pit to pit ~24"
Shoulder to cuff ~25 3/4"
Shoulder to shoulder ~19 3/4"
Base of collar to hem ~34"

This ships from the UK, international shipping is possible but at 2.5kg will be a bit more expensive.

£200 shipped in the UK with Paypal F&F, contact me for international shipping prices.
IMG_5020.jpeg
IMG_5026.jpeg
IMG_5022.jpeg
IMG_5023.jpeg
IMG_5025.jpeg
IMG_5028.jpeg
IMG_5029.jpeg
IMG_5046.JPG
IMG_5045.JPG

Gav

Practically Family
I'd also trade this for a size 44 original or towards a Buzz or RMC repro.

Gav

Practically Family
bump and drop to £180 shipped in the UK. Add about £20-35 for worldwide shipping, probably, depending on destination

Gav

Practically Family
Hi all. Reposting this for sale. Winter is here. Get a nice pea coat for £170 shipped in the uk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21