Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Panama Size 7

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
After finding this fine vintage panama to be too large for my 21 3/4" noggin, I've decided to sell it here.

Size 7 (on the large side of 7 @ slightly over 22" circumference)

2 1/2" Brim

4 3/4" Crown

3/4" Black Ribbon

Blocked in the traditional colonial "Optimo" style

A decent weave count on this one - likely in the $300-400 range for a comparable modern panama from one of our vendors.

$80 Shipped within the USA - if it doesn't sell here at this price, I'll keep it.

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

IMG_3528.jpg

IMG_3529.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Garrett said:
After finding this fine vintage panama to be too large for my 21 3/4" noggin, I've decided to sell it here.

Size 7 (on the large side of 7 @ slightly over 22" circumference)

2 1/2" Brim

4 3/4" Crown

3/4" Black Ribbon

Blocked in the traditional colonial "Optimo" style

A decent weave count on this one - likely in the $300-400 range for a comparable modern panama from one of our vendors.

$80 Shipped within the USA - if it doesn't sell here at this price, I'll keep it.

Amazing that this has not sold yet - superb value on a vintage Panama in fantastic condition.

Worst case you put a wider navy or copper ribbon on it and you have an amazing hat.

Garrett

I am surprised to find that this fine vintage panama has not generated much interest or even a buyer...BUMP

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
I am surprised to find that this fine vintage panama has not generated much interest or even a buyer...BUMP
I am also amazed[huh] Out of curiosity, what town was the hatter in? I had a grandfather in the clothing business and it might have been a relative.

Garrett

rlk said:
I am also amazed[huh] Out of curiosity, what town was the hatter in? I had a grandfather in the clothing business and it might have been a relative.

Niether of the two stamps on the sweatband mention a town and the liner is the only manufacturer label - Lipman Wolfe & Co

Garrett

Alright, I'll drop the price to $60 Shipped within USA which is a damn good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael