Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VINTAGE RESISTOL STINGY BRIM FOR SALE 7 1/4 A SWEET LID.

Razzman

One Too Many
I found one last hat in the closet that is available. It is fantastic Resistol. It is in perfect condition. The felt is soft and subtle. Perfectly clean and ready to wear.

Resistol Stingy Brim

Size: 7 1/4 stamped on the inside of the sweatband

Color: Rich dark chocolate brown

Grossgrain ribbon: 2" in a matching brown

Bow: Matching brown with a lighter brown offset.

Crown: 4 3/4" bashed 5 1/2 unbashed

Brim: 2"

Leather sweatband: 1 5/8"

The sweatband is embossed with the following:
Resistol Self-Conforming
Kitten Finish XXX Beaver
Steil and King Northgate Seattle
There is also a paper tag which reads, you have just purchased the most comfortable hat made. A Resistol Self-Conforming Hat. This exclusive inner band is suspended so that it conforms to your head shape--providing instant comfort and proper fit. No other hat has it! Flex the inner band see how it floats free from the hat.

$55 shipped within the Continental USA. PM me if interested.
a>

a>

a>

Chanfan

A-List Customer
Nice lid! And I see even if it had been in my size, Fletch would have nabbed it already. :rolleyes:

Steil and King Northgate Seattle

Northgate
is a shopping mall north of Seattle. Well, more than that - I believe it was the first indoor shopping center to be titled a "mall" in the US. Not sure if that's an honor or a black eye.

It opened in 1950. I have no memory of Steil and King, but that only means they probably were gone by 1970 or 75. To be honest, they fully enclosed the mall in 1975, and I don't really recall it being just covered.

Razzman

One Too Many
Just a note on size. Particularly those who are a 7 1/8. The fact is that very few of us have a head size that perfectly matches the size and and shape of a typical hat. For example, even a hat that is the right size will not feel quite right. The best solution is to put some kind of padding behind the inner sweatband to customize the fit. So anybody out there who is a size 7 1/8 for example could actually customize the fit of a 7 1/4 hat by using a closed-cell foam strip of padding behind the inner sweatband. I'm sure most of the fellow loungers are aware of this. In fact I have used the foam padding on a couple of my hats. Just a thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112