Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Royal Stetson 7 1/4 on ebay

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I knew that had to belong to a Lounger!

what a nice treatment... love the block & that ribbon looks supereb!:eusa_clap ... do you suppose it could be stretched to fit a 7 3/8 size melon? Is the sweat marked as an Open Road? Wow... if I had that you would have to pry it from my grip!:p

ledsled

One of the Regulars
With a starting bid of $1.00 and giving the loungers advance notice? Oh man, I am going to have to watch the final second of this auction and see what it brings! :rolleyes:

Good luck, as I think you will be rewarded!

Strider

One of the Regulars
Rick Blaine said:
what a nice treatment... love the block & that ribbon looks supereb!:eusa_clap ... do you suppose it could be stretched to fit a 7 3/8 size melon? Is the sweat marked as an Open Road? Wow... if I had that you would have to pry it from my grip!:p

Thanks! I always knew it would look better with the c-crown bash and relaxed pinch. When I first got it, it was open crowned, with the brim turned up. Looked kinda like a cowboy hat. You might get it to fit a size 7 3/8, as it is my size, 7 1/4, but is a little big on me. Thanks for the kind words, it's a wonderful hat. The sweat is not marked as open road (I've since included a photo of the inside of the hat...note how great of shape its in), I was just using that hat model as a reference for the thin ribbon it came with, as opposed to the dark brown grosgrain it has now.

ledsled said:
With a starting bid of $1.00 and giving the loungers advance notice? Oh man, I am going to have to watch the final second of this auction and see what it brings! :rolleyes:

Good luck, as I think you will be rewarded!

Thank you! It's funny, there are like, 24 watchers and ZERO bids. Blows my mind that not one of those 24 is willing to take a plunge at a dollar! :p

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Well I started you off at $1.00 and of course will be watching to see where it goes.
Hopefully not out of my price range as that is one beautiful hat.

Erick

Strider

One of the Regulars
Ok, here's what happened.

Someone I knew was over at my house, and saw some comic books of mine he expressed interest in buying, since he knew I was selling them. I told him I'd already listed them on eBay, and that there were bids, and he said that was fine, and that he'd just pop onto my computer real fast and place a bid. We figured why not get some positive feedback out of the whole thing, while we're at it? I mean, it seemed fine. He was bidding, and intended to pay me if he won, so I didn't see the harm.

The next day, eBay sent us BOTH an e-mail saying that transactions like that are prohibited, and that all our auctions we had up were cancelled, and any bids we had on other stuff from other buyers was cancelled, too. So that's where the hat went.

Truth to tell, I was looking to get 75-80 bucks for it. If anyone's interested in it for that price, PM me. For a faster response, you can reach me at darkseidofthemoon@gmail.com . Thanks.

Strider

ITG

Call Me a Cab
I bet they saw the bid coming from the same ISP as the seller. That's a bit extreme canceling ALL your auctions. Ebay can be Nazi like sometimes. I had posted in my description that I only accept Paypals from funds coming from a bank or debit card and not from credit cards (because I get charged a fee). They canceled my auctions stating I can't state that in an auction. So now I just say if you want to pay via Paypal, contact me first. Ebay's lost alot of potential business I could have brought them as a result as I'm more selective on what I sell there or if I sell anything at all.

Strider

One of the Regulars
Yeah. They said that when someone is buying something like that that they have more information on it than the general community, because they can examine it in person before they bid. I still don't see how that equates to shill bidding. :rage:

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Stetson for sale

Strider,

I'll take the hat. What is shipping going to cost to zip 80401?

jeboat:) :) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto