Vintage Score Cafe Racer

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Will Zach, May 30, 2020.

1. Will Zach

Will Zach Practically Family

Long time Loungers know more about the Canadian Score brand than I do. I just picked one up on Etsy (was not expensive) because I liked the wild and crazy combo of a CR front, a trucker back, and HWM-style side cinch straps. You guys tell me if it works - I like it, and it will join my two HD Sportsters in my stable of racer jackets.

The jacket is not a heavyweight by any means - weighs around 3.5 lbs, the hide, while not thick, has a stiff hand that reminds me of horse, but cannot be sure. I like the powder blue rayon liner a lot - it is pristine and easy to slip on. The jacket is easily 8 out of 10 - no need even to wash it - ready to wear. Easy-wearing spring/fall jacket. Comments welcome - good, bad or indifferent.

P1060433.JPG

P1060437.JPG

P1060430.JPG

P1060429.JPG

P1060435.JPG

P1060425.JPG

P1060426.JPG

2. Monitor

Monitor

Looks very good to me! Fits you just about perfectly. The long sleeve zips are cool. Nice details all over, french seams at the back, padded elbows, waist straps. What's not to like. I'd definitely make that one a keeper.

handymike, ton312, JMax and 1 other person like this.
  3. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

^^^Exactly^^^ Though I can do without the side belts/straps (on any jacket, just not my thing for some reason). Still, this looks great. I really dig the long sleeve zips.

Will Zach likes this.
  4. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That brand, if I know my Canadian m/c jacket maker history correctly (I fully admit I might not) is the mother of Brimaco and British cycle leathers. I love these Score jackets! Looks killer and it fits beautifully. Well done!

Monitor and Will Zach like this.
  5. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

Adding to the chorus...Great Score!

Will Zach likes this.
  6. Superfluous

Superfluous My Mail is Forwarded Here

Cool jacket. Congrats.

7. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

That looks really cool.
    I really like the trucker french seamed back with a cafe racer front, it's a really cool combo.
    Elbow pads without shoulder pads is also a nice unusual touch.
    I find it interresting/weird that they would use so many french seams but only single stitch the shoulders, i wonder what the reason is/was.

8. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

That's a bloody cool looking jacket. Fit's perfectly. I love how they handled the back.

Will Zach likes this.
  9. Monitor

Monitor

It's always been a Brimaco thing. Maybe even all Canadian jackets thing. Everything I've ever seen from Shields / Brimaco / British Cycle had shoulders done that way. Many European biker jackets, too. It's actually my favorite way to do shoulders because it gives off that squared, angled look.

Carlos840 likes this.
  10. lina

lina Practically Family

Looks great! I’ve always loved the details on these jackets, including the elbow patches.

11. Will Zach

Will Zach Practically Family

Thanks for the comments guys. I just had Mr Lorne Shields, son of Score Sporting Goods founder Harry Shields date the jacket to about 1960, made in Toronto, Canada. That is what I love about this hobby - finding a 60 year old jacket in great shape, whose design remains timeless and fresh. Definitely a keeper.

handymike likes this.
  12. jonbuilder

jonbuilder One Too Many

I agree nice jacket nice fit

Will Zach likes this.