Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Score Cafe Racer

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Long time Loungers know more about the Canadian Score brand than I do. I just picked one up on Etsy (was not expensive) because I liked the wild and crazy combo of a CR front, a trucker back, and HWM-style side cinch straps. You guys tell me if it works - I like it, and it will join my two HD Sportsters in my stable of racer jackets.

The jacket is not a heavyweight by any means - weighs around 3.5 lbs, the hide, while not thick, has a stiff hand that reminds me of horse, but cannot be sure. I like the powder blue rayon liner a lot - it is pristine and easy to slip on. The jacket is easily 8 out of 10 - no need even to wash it - ready to wear. Easy-wearing spring/fall jacket. Comments welcome - good, bad or indifferent.

P1060433.JPG

P1060437.JPG

P1060430.JPG

P1060429.JPG

P1060435.JPG

P1060425.JPG

P1060426.JPG

^^^Exactly^^^ Though I can do without the side belts/straps (on any jacket, just not my thing for some reason). Still, this looks great. I really dig the long sleeve zips.

That brand, if I know my Canadian m/c jacket maker history correctly (I fully admit I might not) is the mother of Brimaco and British cycle leathers. I love these Score jackets! Looks killer and it fits beautifully. Well done!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
That looks really cool.
I really like the trucker french seamed back with a cafe racer front, it's a really cool combo.
Elbow pads without shoulder pads is also a nice unusual touch.
I find it interresting/weird that they would use so many french seams but only single stitch the shoulders, i wonder what the reason is/was.

That looks really cool.
I really like the trucker french seamed back with a cafe racer front, it's a really cool combo.
Elbow pads without shoulder pads is also a nice unusual touch.
I find it interresting/weird that they would use so many french seams but only single stitch the shoulders, i wonder what the reason is/was.

It's always been a Brimaco thing. Maybe even all Canadian jackets thing. Everything I've ever seen from Shields / Brimaco / British Cycle had shoulders done that way. Many European biker jackets, too. It's actually my favorite way to do shoulders because it gives off that squared, angled look.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the comments guys. I just had Mr Lorne Shields, son of Score Sporting Goods founder Harry Shields date the jacket to about 1960, made in Toronto, Canada. That is what I love about this hobby - finding a 60 year old jacket in great shape, whose design remains timeless and fresh. Definitely a keeper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB