Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Stetson Diplomat 7 1/8 needs TLC

Purplesage

One Too Many
This is a Stetson Diplomat that needs some TLC. I believe the hat is from the 40's based on the silk crown liner. When I received the hat, which I knew was not in the best shape, the sweatband was so rotted that it just fell apart in my hand. So the issues with this hat are really not that bad. It basically needs a good cleaning and a new sweatband. There is some minor moth damage consisting of one moth nib on the underside of the brim, near the sweatband and a few minor nibs under the lower edge of the hat ribbon in the front of the hat, which can't be seen if the ribbon is covering them. If I was a hat person I would try to fix her up because I think she has a lot of life left in her. The crown liner is really in great shape and I don't think it will need replaced. The hat has a 5" crown and a 2 3/4" overwelt brim. The felt is really in pretty good shape and should clean up pretty good. I am asking $65.00 plus shipping.

photo%20(37)_zps52bbf854.jpg

photo%20(38)_zps88dec61e.jpg

photo%20(32)_zpsf961378e.jpg

photo%20(27)_zps21139197.jpg

photo%20(24)_zpscab19c86.jpg

photo%20(28)_zps30b2ea6b.jpg

photo%20(29)_zps7f12338c.jpg

photo%20(35)_zps0e6e52f5.jpg

photo%20(36)_zps89abae68.jpg

photo%20(31)_zps4d77ebd1.jpg

Last edited:

m0nk

One Too Many
Do you have any additional pics (such as liner and sweat) and specifics such as open crown height and ribbon width? Thanks!

m0nk

One Too Many
Thanks, I see the pics now. Inside is definitely kinda rough, though I think the liner does agree that it's around 40's-ish...

Purplesage

One Too Many
If I don't sell it I might just get it refurbished myself. The moth damage is minimal otherwise the felt is in good shape. Probably can be cleaned and the silk liner isn't in bad shape. A new sweatband and it will have a new life.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Drop to $50.00 including shipping. The hat has tons of character and potential especially for those individuals who restore hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic