Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Stetson Whippet 7 1/4 For Sale

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
This doggy needs a new home, not getting enough attention from me & deserves regular exercise. This is a late 40's early 50's in gray. Size is a tight 7 1/4 and not long oval, ignore the size tag. Internal sweatband measures 7 7/8" X 6 1/4" front to back and side to side. I adopted this puppy in rough shape and had Bob at Black Sheep Hat Works give it the full spa treatment including reblocking to my size. Water stained ribbons were also replaced with original spec. Bob was able to save the original sweatband, although it shows some light cracking and peeling around the top edge it is still solid with good life left. Stitching is solid. Liner shows some smudging but has been cleaned and freshened. Original onion skin was removed, it could not be saved. So what you have is a solid ready to wear vintage Whippet waiting to be unleashed by it's new owner. This is a hat to be worn, not a museum piece. It will be shipped in a proper shipping hat box. Adoption fee is $200 shipping & fees included to lower 48 conus. I'm losing money on this but the price is fair, a bit more than a new krap hat and a lot less than a custom.

Last edited:

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice hat but being a Vintage Whippet my inclination would have been to stick with the contrasting ribbon set rather than a monotone look.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice hat but being a Vintage Whippet my inclination would have been to stick with the contrasting ribbon set rather than a monotone look.

The replacement ribbon was matched exactly to the original as I stated in my add. Not all vintage Whippets had contrasting ribbons and if it did, I never would have bought it in the first place. Apparently the new owner feels the same. Different strokes for different folks.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No need to get defensive as I was just stating my opinion .
99% of Whippets I have owned or have sold have had contrasting ribbon sets and its what gives it that great look , again in my opinion.
I am sure the new owner will be very happy with the hat regardless .

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I've owned several Whippets with a monochrome colour scheme, including one very similar to this.

It is a sharp look and this one looks great - no "buts" needed.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
every vintage Whippet I've owned ... not that I have owned tons only 4 ...plus the one I presently still own ... have all had ribbons of a monotone color scheme

grey on grey
brown on brown
and the like

I personally love it

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points