Vintage Stetson Whippet Sz 7 FS or FT for AB Henry

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by m0nk, Aug 7, 2013.

1. m0nk

m0nk One Too Many

I’m selling a vintage size 7 (56cm) Stetson Whippet that I’ve had for about a year but haven’t worn enough to keep. It’s a beautiful piece, likely from the 40’s in a grey (almost blue-grey) felt with a 2 3/8” bound brim and a 1 3/4" black ribbon/bow. It fits as a perfect size 7 and has no signs of shrinkage or damage to the sweat. The felt also has no signs of shrinkage or distortion and has no discoloration.

There are two very minor moth nips (about the size of a pin-prick) on the crown inside the crease, and they are so hard to notice that I spent 5 minutes looking for them to try and get pics. There is also some slight staining in the liner, but it’s also fairly minimal IMO, along with some minor wear along the brim ribbon binding. All-in-all, it’s in excellent shape for being about 70 years old.

I’d like $150 (firm) as I would only let it go so that I can put the money towards a custom “Indy”-style hat. I might take a trade for a size 56 AdventureBilt Henry, depending on the condition. I had one a while back but at the time I wasn’t crazy about it and sold it, which I now kind-of regret.

Please see the pics below and feel free to PM or post questions. Shipping will be a flat $15 CONUS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. m0nk

m0nk One Too Many

bump.

3. m0nk

m0nk One Too Many

Well, I'll budge a tad. $135 shipped, CONUS.

4. m0nk

m0nk One Too Many

$125 shipped? It really is in excellent condition and well worth the price. I'm keeping it a lot lower than some Whippet price tags I've seen since I only need a little $ out of it.

5. winter_joe

winter_joe A-List Customer

If only a 7 3/4 i wouldve been all over it. Im surprised no size 7 loungers snapped it up yet.?f

6. m0nk

m0nk One Too Many

Yeah its a tough market for small heads. Good as a buyer, not so much as a seller. :D