Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Vintage' suit?

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Ok I picked this up today, it looks kinda vintage I thought and at the price I snipped it up...I should have taken a closer look I suppose but well here are the pictures;
ticket pocket in RH pocket
10xec93.jpg
two rear vents
53mm8o.jpg

303k86e.jpg
button side adjusters
34ralwx.jpg
v785ec.jpg

Last edited:

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
It looks relatively recent and not vintage to me. That said, it has a lot of hallmarks that suggest its a custom made suit. On the trousers note: the fly is finished with hand stitching; reverse pleats; a button fly; complex adjusters on the waist; and the single back pocket. I can't see that much detail in the pictures of the jacket, but I bet if you look you'll probably find tons of hand finishing details on it too.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
I have to admit I bought it quickly as in a rush(good lady was pestering me to look at some of her finds!) any way the sizing was spot on according to the label...If I'd have checked it closer I'd have seen thE labels inside... date is 2007 and tel no is still current
jgl0y1.jpg
2j1oguu.jpg
23lnnly.jpg
the cloth is 'SCABAL MADE IN ENGLAND'

However this has probably solved my problem in finding a decent local tailor, as a family member who lives in the Peak district recommended a "bloke in Hathersage who does tailoing"...so now having seen his? work I know where to go to get stuff altered...I might even get a waistcoat for this one?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn