Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Sunglasses/Eyeglass Frames

MisterGrey

Practically Family
I recently won an eBay auction for a lot of vintage eyeglasses and sunglasses so that I could get my hands on a pair of Art-Craft Optical solid aluminum browlines to add to my collection. Most of the other frames in the lot were in some way damaged or broken, and many of them have since been thrown away. The rest I'm listing here. Some of these were originally misshapen, but as I have some optical training, I was able to do some minor repairs. I've included a very brief description, but haven't gone into thorough detail as I'm not sure how much interest there's going to be; if you want any more information about a specific frame, please just ask and I can give you all the information you need.

All frames are $12 shipped CONUS or best offer. The cost will be lower for multiple pairs bought; please contact me for details.

LOT 1: These are the frames I had to make minor repairs on. They should all be suitable for holding plano sun lenses but would require a more thorough inspection from a more experienced optical professional if you're interested in putting RX lenses in. Descriptions below picture.

DSCN2294.jpg

Upper Left: Bausch and Lomb. Slightly warped eyewire; someone more experienced may be able to put it back into place. Frame is sturdy with solid hinges.

Upper Right: Bausch and Lomb. Some scuffs and wear on temples and frame. Solid construction, hinges in good condition. Some possible warping of the eyewire, but may be the way the lenses were fit.

Middle Left: American Optical. Aluminum temples in excellent condition; some minor scuffs/wear on temple tips. Looks like the lenses have bulged a bit over time but should be in good shape for sun lenses,

Middle Right: American Optical. Bridge was slightly bowed but I have put it back into shape. Otherwise appears to be in excellent condition.

Bottom: Basuch and Lomb. Inside of temple marked "SAFETY." Frame is somewhat splayed out but looks like it should take sun lenses.

LOT 2: These frames were all in pretty good shape and no repairs had to be done to them. Details below pic.

DSCN2293.jpg

Upper Left: Plano green lenses. Inner temples marked "NYLON" and "USA." One small scracth on the right lens not visble to wearer when worn; some dirt coagulated around the lenses and on the inside of the temples. Otherwise in excellent condition.

Upper right: Plano gray lenses. Lenses in good condition except for a small scuff on the right lens near the bottm. Inside of temples marked "LIBERTY USA" and "WINSOM." Frame in excellent condition.

Middle Left: Inside temples marked "FRAME AUSTRIA," "RAYBER," and "WIEN." One rhinestone missing from above each eye. Frame in excellent condition.

Middle Right: Temples marked "CONCERT" and "HAND MADE ITALY." Frame in excellent condition.

Bottom: Plano gray lenses. No visible scratches/scuffs. Frame in excellent condition. Temples marked "ESPIRIT."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran