Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Telephone Ringtones

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
Cell Phone Ringtones...

I know Cellphones aren't "Golden Era" but seemings how I got to pack one around might as well make it Retro...

The Wallpaper was easy but I can't find any classy ringtones (verizon) any help ???

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
raiderrescuer said:
I know Cellphones aren't "Golden Era" but seemings how I got to pack one around might as well make it Retro...

The Wallpaper was easy but I can't find any classy ringtones (verizon) any help ???

This is coming from someone who abhors ring tones...I can't help but think "classy ring tones" is an oxymoron. ;) Verizon does have Glen Miller, but polymorphic turns the best of anything into elevator/hold music.

I'd love to have a real bell sound for mine.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
PrettySquareGal said:
This is coming from someone who abhors ring tones...I can't help but think "classy ring tones" is an oxymoron. ;) Verizon does have Glen Miller, but polymorphic turns the best of anything into elevator/hold music.

I'd love to have a real bell sound for mine.

I have to agree. The whole ring tone thing has reached the saturation point.:mad:
It's just a marketing ploy to relieve people of a little bit more of their disposable income.
I mean really, we don't need anything more than a bell sound. :rolleyes:

LaMedicine

One Too Many
I'm not in the US, so can't say anything that helps, but....
Here, we can download just about any sound you want, from crazy game music to classic bell tones. We even have Disney voices like Mickey and Donald and Minney speaking, "Oh, you've got a phone call!" or something like that.:D
I use the classic phone bell tone for calls from family. With friends, I have various tunes downloaded, and use them accordingly. "Call Me" for unlisted numbers, and have alotted a variety of tunes to the sub groups. They range from Amazing Grace to Liszt(for a classic pianist) to various Jazz/musical tunes, and friends ask me how I can remember everythinglol , but I use tunes that I've always associated with one thing or another, and so far, it's worked well.;)
So, I'm probably one of the crazier ones, having all the tones to the saturation point, but at least for me, I can tell which calls can be left for later, and which ones I have to get back to quickly without checking the caller IDs.

decodoll

Practically Family
scotrace said:
It's a classic telephone bell ringer. It was a standard download from Cingular. Easy.

I've been looking for the classic telephone ring for my phone forever. I wonder if I can download from Cingular for my Virgin Mobile phone....I really like Virgin because I hardly ever use my phone and end up paying almost nothing, but they have the most annoying selection of ringtones.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
LaMedicine said:
I'm not in the US, so can't say anything that helps, but....
Here, we can download just about any sound you want, from crazy game music to classic bell tones. We even have Disney voices like Mickey and Donald and Minney speaking, "Oh, you've got a phone call!" or something like that.:D
I use the classic phone bell tone for calls from family. With friends, I have various tunes downloaded, and use them accordingly. "Call Me" for unlisted numbers, and have alotted a variety of tunes to the sub groups. They range from Amazing Grace to Liszt(for a classic pianist) to various Jazz/musical tunes, and friends ask me how I can remember everythinglol , but I use tunes that I've always associated with one thing or another, and so far, it's worked well.;)
So, I'm probably one of the crazier ones, having all the tones to the saturation point, but at least for me, I can tell which calls can be left for later, and which ones I have to get back to quickly without checking the caller IDs.

Well that makes sense if you have to have a system in place to keep a lot of calls organized.
I don't even have a cell phone. I'm probably the only person in this country that doesn't. lol
But if I did, my only ring tone would be the communicator sound effect from the original Star Trek. :D

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
I have a "reall bell" rrringtone, but don't remember where I found it.

For the winter season - overcoat -, I still consider combining it with a bakelite receiver (cloth)wired to my mobile. Only it's so hard to find fitting holsters.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Me too...me too...

Maj.Nick Danger said:
Well that makes sense if you have to have a system in place to keep a lot of calls organized.
I don't even have a cell phone. I'm probably the only person in this country that doesn't. lol
But if I did, my only ring tone would be the communicator sound effect from the original Star Trek. :D

Mr. Major Sir, I figured it out for myself....you are right again!!! I don't own one either. There's no one who needs to reach me so urgently that they can't leave a message on my home phone, and there certainly isn't anyone that I need to talk to that it can't wait til I get home or use a phone enroute.

Call me old fashioned (please...'call me old fashioned!') but I just haven't found the need for the cell fone or the ring tone. (or a blackberry, or a notebook.. or a......!!!)

Geez.... I carry a fountain pen and a piece of paper everywhere I go, what more could I possibly need? (Can you say, 'Luddite'!???)

-dixon cannon

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Vintage metal bell tone for Verizon cell?

scotrace said:
It's a classic telephone bell ringer. It was a standard download from Cingular. Easy.

I've a 2005 Verizon Motorola cell... never looked into riingtones but often thought if I could get a classic "real" metal bell recording tone, or convert my own WAV's into ringtones, that would be cool...

anyone with a Verizon Motorola cell know if this is possible? They don't print the model number on these things, but it's got a color screen w/ animation etc.

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Braxton36

One of the Regulars
Not a Luddite exactly, but...

I abhor those obnoxious sounds that all the sudden spew from someone's pocket or pocketbook! I keep mine on vibrate or on a standard bell tone. I excuse myself when I absolutely have to take a call and try to never have a conversation in public. If Emily Post was around, I bet we would have some rules about all of this. Does anyone have Emily's 'phone number?

raiderrescuer

One of the Regulars
still looking for verizon ringtone...

A real classic telephone bell ring tone would be great.

All I seem to find is the "Shake Your Junk" rap stuff.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I don't have a cellular phone.
I am surprised by how many people don't notice that their phone is playing music in their pocket or bag even though everyone else in the joint can hear it.
Also, when I ask "Is that 'Eine Kleine Nachtmusik'?" and they say "I don't know what the tune is my phone plays". It reminds me of the shirts with japanese writing that were popular in the 1980s. "Oh, what's your shirt say." "I have no idea."lol

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
So I'm NOT the only one?

Dixon Cannon said:
Mr. Major Sir, I figured it out for myself....you are right again!!! I don't own one either. There's no one who needs to reach me so urgently that they can't leave a message on my home phone, and there certainly isn't anyone that I need to talk to that it can't wait til I get home or use a phone enroute.

Call me old fashioned (please...'call me old fashioned!') but I just haven't found the need for the cell fone or the ring tone. (or a blackberry, or a notebook.. or a......!!!)

Geez.... I carry a fountain pen and a piece of paper everywhere I go, what more could I possibly need? (Can you say, 'Luddite'!???)

-dixon cannon

Amazing! :)
I leave home to get away from things like the phone and the internet. Last thing I wanna do is drive down the road yakking on a cell phone. lol
Would only get one if forced to, that is,...when pay phones finally cease to exist. Then I suppose I shall have to break down and get one of the dad-blamed things. :(

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Maj.Nick Danger said:
nah, you're not alone! Although I need one really bad for emergencies! I've been stranded (because of my car) twice...luckily both times were during the day!
Most ringtones are VERY annoying..though I have heard a couple that are pretty humorous

Hannigan Reilly

One of the Regulars
Cingular phones all have the classic old phone ring on them, I think. I do admit to having the Henry Mancini "Pink Panther Theme" as my ring. I have gotten a lot of compliments on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21