Vintage Things That Will NOT Disappear In Your Lifetime

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by LizzieMaine, Jun 15, 2017.

1. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^^
    I started going bald in my late teens. By my mid-20s I was shiny on top. What remains of the hair on my scalp is thin. Whenever my hair gets to a length that I might consider using a comb, I just cut it all off with my Wahl home barbering clippers. I don’t shave it, though. I know guys who do. The daily maintenance is more than I wish to add to my plate.

However, if I don’t shave my face daily I get to looking scruffy, which is okay if I have nowhere to be but here at home, which is now kinda the default. But two days’ beard growth is a greater struggle to tame, so for that reason I usually find the minute or so it takes to drag a razor across my face.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

At that rate, even the high-priced razors take a negligible bite out of the budget.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  3. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I was going to switch to an deluxe online source of regular deliveries....Harry's....but they do not offer a 3 cartridge a year plan.

4. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^^
    I hesitate to subscribe to anything delivered on a schedule, even print publications. Canceling can be an exercise in frustration.

5. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I liken it to the Hotel California.

6. Now that I'm officially 60 years old the hair on my head is still mostly dark, but as I mentioned upthread my beard is more white/gray than dark. I've dyed it (my beard, that is) a few times over the years for Halloween, and each time I was finished my thought was that I couldn't imagine doing that once or twice a week every week for the duration of whichever beard I was wearing. I don't particularly care anyway because I've long suffered from "baby face" and I'm still kinda' looking forward to one day looking my age.