Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage topcoat patterns

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
I want to try my sewing skills on making myself a late-20s to early 30s heavy wool overcoat, showcasing period styling details (and maybe some of Hollywood's ;) ), but am having problems locating a suitable pattern, vintage or otherwise...does anyone here know of any pattern resources that might help me? This is the style/look I'm going for.....
rtp18.jpg

10.jpg

image_Imagephp.jpg

Thanks,
Rob

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
I would think heavy overcoat patterns would be difficult and unlikely for public distribution back then since they would be so thick, I'm probably wrong but just a thought. Huge fan of that coat also, I'm having a grey surplus military coat tailored to look close to that one. My only other suggestion is ask Indy Magnoli, even though that takes the fun out of doing it yourself!

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
J.J. Gittes said:
Huge fan of that coat also, I'm having a grey surplus military coat tailored to look close to that one.

Nice! Do you have any photos of it? :)

I love that particular Road coat; but, the one that Johnny Depp is wearing in Public Enemies is looking darn good, also!;)
Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112