Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage watches for sale or trade

Naphtali

Practically Family
Two vintage watches for sale or trade, together or separately. I have front and rear graphics available to send to you. Please contact me through links provided via this forum.

1. Croton chronograph (Venus caliber 210, 25-jewel movement), manual wind, stainless steel, 4-screw "waterproof" screw-down back, self-luminescent dial markers and hands, acrylic crystal. Watch has no papers.

Dimensions are: 1.36" (35.54 mm), excluding crown; 1.68" (46.67 mm), lug-to-lug; .48" (12.2 mm).

The watch was serviced by certified watchmaker October 18, 2004. In addition to routine chronograph servicing, crystal and mainspring were replaced. I bought an extra crystal also. Watch was purchased new, circa late 1940s.

Condition is VERY GOOD. Price is $325, plus actual shipping and insurance.

I have not monitored accuracy since servicing. I have verified that all mechanical chronograph functions work correctly. Power reserve exceeds two days -- that is, watch ran more than two days having been fully wound.
2. Longines Jamboree (Longines caliber 280, 17-jewel movement), manual wind, stainless steel, "waterproof?¢‚Ǩ? screw-down back, self-luminescent dial markers and hands, acrylic crystal. Watch has no papers.

Dimensions are: 1.37" (34.8 mm), excluding crown; 1.625" (41.3 mm), lug-to-lug; .36" (9.14 mm).

The watch was serviced by certified watchmaker November 14, 2004. In addition to routine servicing, crystal was replaced. Watch was purchase new, circa early 1950s.

Condition is VERY GOOD. Price is $180, plus actual shipping and insurance.

Accuracy of Longines Jamboree is within three seconds per day when worn daily, and left face up at night. I wear it on my right wrist. When wound daily, left face up but not worn, watch runs fast about twelve seconds per day.
Were you interested in trading, I want vintage Borsalino fedoras, size 56-57, taupe or dark gray, with brims at least 2-1/2 inches at sides.

Were a part- or full-time hat maker interested, perhaps we could work out a trade for your skills?

Please contact me through links provided via this forum. Be sure to include your direct E-mail address to allow me to send photographs as attachments.

Naphtali

Practically Family
Here are high resolution photographs of the watches

Croton-Face-blurb.jpg

Longines-face-blurb.jpg

LonginesCroton-Backs.jpg

Naphtali

Practically Family
Taipei? Long way from Montana.

I'm curious. What problems arise when you wear a wristwatch?

If you're a construction worker or combat engineer I understand. But beyond high-impact vocations, [these] shock-absorbing movements will handle life.

Naphtali

Practically Family
Your wrists are as mine. I can span my wrists with thumb and index finger. I had a terrible problem wearing watches that looked like sun dials on my wrist.

Both of these watches are small-to-mid sized. The watch I wear currently is essentially the same size as these. It just cost four times as much as both watches combined price. . . . I never said I was smart.

I am about 68 inches tall (172.5 cm) and about 140 pounds (63 kg). Either watch would be satisfactorily proportional on a man as small as 62 inches and 110 pounds.

MattieA65

New in Town
Naphtali, I shouldn't, but nonethless, probably will buy your Croton chronograph. That is a great-looking watch! Just one question. I assume that the case/bezel, as well as the back, is also stainless steel? Can you e-mail me with mailing address, specifics, etc.?
BTW, I have a Borsalino Fedora, albeit a brown one, for sale on "The Bay," http://www.ebay.com/itm/150810911564?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649. If you are interested, great! If not, no worries at all.
Matt

Naphtali

Practically Family
Naphtali, I shouldn't, but nonethless, probably will buy your Croton chronograph. That is a great-looking watch! Just one question. I assume that the case/bezel, as well as the back, is also stainless steel? Can you e-mail me with mailing address, specifics, etc.?
BTW, I have a Borsalino Fedora, albeit a brown one, for sale on "The Bay," http://www.ebay.com/itm/150810911564?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649. If you are interested, great! If not, no worries at all.
Matt
Matt:

I sent you an email. You are correct. Croton's back appears to be an austenitic stainless steel.

MattieA65

New in Town
Naphtali,
For some reason, the Fedora Lounge won't give me access to my inbox. I seem to remember something about having to do a minimum number of posts (25 or so) before one can actually get e-mail access. Could you e-mail me at RMattAngelucci at msn dot com? Thanks!
Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ