Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Workwear

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Actually

Image-6790021015E111DA.jpg

pablocham

One of the Regulars
Ben Davis is great! It used to be easy to find Ben Davis around here, but haven't seen it in a while. Maybe because I haven't gone to an indoor swap meet lately? Even when they did have it, they only carried the crazy large sizes because that was the style with the gangsters. Have been considering ordering some of the all cotton pants for a while, but never gotten around to it.

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
Nice bump

Generally speaking, for my everyday attire, I tend to favor mixing classic workwear with classic sports/hunting wear and a touch of classic militaria. Here are some of my inspirations.

A few of my favorites

05445u.jpg

05439u.jpg

05437u_0.jpg

Minnesota_1923_pf028626_Y.jpg

3guys.jpg

1workwear.jpg

1workwear2.jpg

mysa2.jpg

What are some of your inspirations?

johnnyphi

Sponsoring Affiliate
WWII Era Work Pants

Here are some examples of work wear from Hirsch's:

Ceiling Price stamp indicates that these pants were made sometime between 1943 and 1947.

DSC00903.jpg

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00905.jpg

(Clothing model is unknown...)

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Show Us Your Vintage Work Wear!

I know alot of you guys out there have some killer vintage work wear. Let's see it!
Here's one of my favorite pieces: 1930's LEE work pants. They are such heavy wool that I've never been able to wear them. These were definitely made for outdoor work in the dead of Winter. The condition is practically deadstock.
IMG_2343.jpg

IMG_2344.jpg

IMG_2346.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

mike

Call Me a Cab
don't know if this is connected enough or not, but I bought this Frankie Darro 1933 still from Wild Boys of the Road by William Wellman and thought I'd share the high resolution of the scan...
WildBoysoftheRoadFrankieDarro.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'd like a pair or two of those on the left! I like the wide two-button waistband.

They're stylistically remanescent of the pants in this belted corduroy suit ad. But the suit pants don't have the front pocket flaps and the waistband is even wider at three-buttons.

l_923eb26e527be628f67c079e047ecd15.jpg

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
carter said:
I'd like a pair or two of those on the left! I like the wide two-button waistband.

They're stylistically remanescent of the pants in this belted corduroy suit ad. But the suit pants don't have the front pocket flaps and the waistband is even wider at three-buttons.

The wide waist band with multiple buttons are common 1930's details.

H.Johnson

One Too Many
I recently found a pair of NOS 1970s Lee jeans that are remarkably like those on the right. 28 inch bottoms. Fashion recycles itself, in a way.

resortes805 said:
I want these pants and I want them now.
l_2ef29215738c766cd1f202fc7ac6f511.jpg

Creeping Past

One Too Many
I remember that high-waister look from the mid-1970s. All the hard lads at school wore them. But rather than calling to mind style and comfort, that picture makes me think of pain -- e.g. being punched in the arm and having crow pecks and horse bites, etc., administered by oaves [sic.].

Happy days, indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk