Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visiting Aero? Try Kelso as well. RM Williams stockists.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Just a heads up for anyone who likes these boots.
Well I have just returned from a brief trip to Aero to order another dead horse. While staying in Berwick I caught the bus that travels through a few of the border towns, Coldstream, Kelso and Melrose are just three.
Stopping off at Kelso I found a gentleman's outfitters named A Hume. http://www.ahume.co.uk/ They have IN STOCK the full range of RM Williams boots and also lots of other lines from the RM Williams catalogue.
As many will know, RM Williams, though a bit on the expensive side are one of the best riding boots you can buy. Just an example the have the full kangaroo craftsman boots with both leather and man made soles, also all the womens styles as well.
You dont have to ride horses to wear these boot,s you can also wear the horses for an extra half hr on the bus:D
And the manager is also an old Aero customer;)
John

Dav

One Too Many
I was most impressed with the customer service I received from them, even though the only thing I bought was a tin of saddle dressing!

Last edited:

tonypaj

Practically Family
I have bought 4 pairs of RM Williams boots from them, two for me, two for my son. One pair was worn at the office today, one in Berlin, where he's spending his fall holiday from school :)

For me, this company is a very fast and reliable seller. Never a problem with them so far...

Thanks rocketeer! Went there last year, but I didn't have enough money left or room in the bags for the boots. Next time we go, I'm going to plan on that purchase. Kelso is a nice (cold) little place. Some really neat stuff to see and great people.Thanks for the link. Never thought to look that up.
My son - I'm sure you guys know this joint:

DSC00340-1.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Worth knowing - I'm planning a little trip up there (and, somewhat inevitably, a Pioneer), maybe next Spring...

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I have a pair of RM Williams moleskin jodhpur jeans, cant recommend them enough, best fitting riding jeans I have ever had even though I dont ride(horses).
Wanted the Craftsman boots but alas spending too much on the trip I have left them for a while and settled for some Loake boots, a quality English make.
I found the staff in both stores very helpful, a friendly small dog ambling around the smaller shop, time seems to take it's time and remind us of a slower less rushed way of life.

majormajor

One Too Many
So if a few FL folks from around the world are all planning a trip to Aero in Spring 2013, why not all do it at the same time, and meet up for a pint!!! :D:D:D

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
Might I suggest this amazing guest house in Galashiels if anyone is looking for a nice place to stay while in the area. Particularly great for any fans of the Arts & Crafts movement. I stayed here with my parents while they were looking for a place to stay while they get permanently relocated back in the area, one of the finest places I've ever stayed.

http://www.maplehurstguesthouse.co.uk/

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
I did, sorry not had a chance to go and look at the leather yet to get samples sorted and check the size/suitability. Yesterday was another unexpectedly busy day here! Got some meetings out of the factory today, but promise I'll get info back to you on Monday. Maybe fire over your address to me on another email by then, and I'll get some cuttings in the post to you. My dad said there were 2 colours but now I can't remember what colours they were!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic