1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Want beater hats, parts, old/shot sweatbands ECT list inside.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Anubis, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Anubis

Anubis New in Town

Hey guys I am looking for some hat parts, and old beater hats, old sweatbands, shot sweatbands if there is salvageable leather on it.

I'm currently looking for
    royal deluxe Stetson sweatband full sweatband if possible
    Beater Stetson royal deluxe
    Old beater, or hat body preferably Stetson pre 50s 3 3/4 to 3 3/5 brim, 5 3/4th crown with a overwelt or underwelt.
    Any old Stetson sweatbands, or shot sweatbands.
    Stetson Royal deluxe liner pre 1955.
    Old champ sweatband preferably the tan/orange one (can be shot as long as it has the Kashmir stamp in the front that's still in good condition.
    Beater champ hat with a tan/orange sweatband in fair condition.
    Brown sweatband with smooth finish on the leather
    Brown sweatband with porus finish
    Old Stetson no.1 sweatband or special edition sweatband.

Sweatband and hat sizes don't matter, looking for old good sweatbands and shot sweatbands with salvageable leather.

If you have anything on the list or any other parts or beater hats you think I could use laying around just shoot me a message maybe we can work something out.

Thanks, I'll update the list as needed.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. Anubis

Anubis New in Town

Bump

3. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Most of us who have vintage hats with their still useful vintage parts still intact tend to keep them that way.

4. Anubis

Anubis New in Town

I'm looking for shot sweatbands, or sweatbands in hats that are beater hats with moth damage or holes in the felt, or even stains and fading.

I'm also looking for hat body's that might fit my size descriptions that have shot and or no sweatbands.

I'm looking for liners that might be in a once again hat with moth damage or a hole or big ugly stain.

As for single sweatbands without hats I'm looking for shot dry rotted sweatbands that may have a few inches on it with salvageable leather that could be harvested.

I don't know if you just read my first sentence or if you read my whole list and came to your conclusion, if it was the latter please tell me I'll try to make it more clear. I'm looking for damaged goods that may have 1 part I could use including but not limited to 1 inch of sweatband leather.

5. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

No, it's clear.

6. AbridgedPause

AbridgedPause Familiar Face

Ya... you might have better luck scrounging on eBay for beaters. This place is more for collectors who maintain good condition of their hats.

7. Anubis

Anubis New in Town

I'm doing all of the above, however there's probably 100s of hats that people here own who they've already replaced sweatbands in, and in the future people here will continue to replace sweatbands, if I could get 1 inch off some of those sweatbands in worth it to me. Sweatbands that are shot or trashed to other people might be worth something to me.

Also I'd say 70% of the people who collect hats here have beater hats sitting around collecting dust, if I could wind up getting something out of that it would also be worth my time.

Anyway, even if you have something not on my list that you may think I could use please message me.

Thanks

scottyrocks likes this.
  8. Anubis

Anubis New in Town

Bump

9. Anubis

Anubis New in Town

Bump