Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WANT Old sweatbands and sweatband leather from old/shot sweatbands

Anubis

Familiar Face
Hey, I'm in need of some old sweatbands or sweatband leather from shot or ruined sweatbands.

I'm looking for anything I can salvage or use.

I'm mostly looking for the light orange brown finished sweatbands that were pre 1950s

The Mallory sweatbands from the pliafelt, or Mallory 10s or the Mallory cravenette sweatbands is a good way to describe the type and color I'm looking for.

However I'll take anything, even damaged leather, stiff leather. Preferably if there's a good spot here and there that can be cut out, or as long ad there's a spot that hasn't started cracking.

Even stiff segments that haven t starting cracking I can soak in neatsfoot oil to be able to use it for what I need it for.

Anyway I'm sure someone has something I can use and like I said I'm willing to try to work with whatever.

Thanks

Edward

Bartender
Could be worth approaching repairers who remove and replace old hat bands? Might we ask what you want to dowith them (might help generate ideas as to sources)?

Anubis

Familiar Face
I'm using them to repair/ add a exstention in the back of a hat.

I'll take reeded or unreeded, if needed I can remove a reed or add a reed.

I need them in 1.5 inch and 2 inch these measurements don't need to be perfect.

I'm willing to work with whatever I can get and I'm used to making whatever I get work.

I have 2 1.5 inch sweatbands I need to fix and 2 2 inch sweatbands I need to fix.

I'm looking for pre 1960 sweatbands that were the pliable/flexible leather with the soft grain on the back. The best way to describe it where most people have seen is the sweatbands Mallory used on there pliafelt, Mallory 10, Anne there cravenette hats.

Here's a photo, I'm willing to use whatever I can though and I would be happy with anything, brands hat makers and names don't matter

Here's some examples of the color finish I'm looking for.

Thanks so much.
b34c5703c2afbe5a3b32f5652e1257bb.jpg
famalloryderby5.jpg
IMG_5082.jpg
IMG_4410.jpg

Anubis

Familiar Face
Bump

I was hopping someone had something, maybe someone who's replaced a sweatband recently has something? Or maybe if someone replaces one in the future they can keep this in mind?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana