Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Biltmore Open Road, Black, Size 7 1/2

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I was too slow at pulling the trigger on my order for one from Hats Plus, something ongoing slow with my pay pal or some other alien abduction issues....lol! However, if you have one of these and it is in fairly nice shape, I want it. I have cash, gold coins, dragon eggs, or pay pal.....well...let me use the pay pal.....hahah I would be willing to pay maybe even more than the hat before it went on sale, so....show me what you have and tell me what your price is....thanks!!!!!!;)

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Just to rub it in, mine arrived safely today :)

This was the last one in my size, I noticed the status changed to "no stock" as soon as I placed the order. If it were your size, I'd feel guilty for grabbing from you and ship it out to you!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I know, when I placed the pay pal order, they still had my size...just a few....so I am not sure what did happen, but today they said sorry, they are all gone now! lol! If I do not find a seller here of one, I will perhaps order a black borsalino from Benchcraft....but I really wanted something with a wider brim such as the Biltmore.....(sigh)! lol!

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I tried for the 7 1/2 today also and ended up ordering a 7 5/8 (hope they don't run out of them too) because it stated they still had them and let me go through the purchase process. I'll probably have to put some rolled up newspaper in the sweat but that's no big deal. Most of my others have it too. I'm kinda between a 7 1/2 and 7 5/8. Throw in the Long Oval and it really screws up Ebay purchases...LOL!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You should be alright, they had a few larger ones left. I am mostly a 7 1/2 but have had a few 7 3/8 LO work, I thought about going to the larger size, but then I would not have a hat...would be a "fashion tent" for me...I hope you do get your. That is one nice looking hat. I should have taken action faster. The old squeaky wheel would have got greased instead of being squeaky! lol! weeeee haww! lol

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Geez, I am gonna call them tomorrow....find out what is going on! They showed NONE when I was on the site when I called them about my order.....thanks!

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
You can still order an American made Biltmore Galgary from DelMonico Hatter. This is the same hat that Miller hats sold and Hats Plus is reselling as the Open Door. While only listed in Driftwood which is Biltmore's silverbelly it can be made up in any of the Imperial Rosellini Finish colors.

Jeff

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
You can still order an American made Biltmore Galgary from DelMonico Hatter. This is the same hat that Miller hats sold and Hats Plus is reselling as the Open Door. While only listed in Driftwood which is Biltmore's silverbelly it can be made up in any of the Imperial Rosellini Finish colors.

Jeff

Thank you, I am not finding this on their website?

Landman

One Too Many
Daniel,

I just ordered the same hat you are trying to order yesterday morning around 9:00 am. I got an email at 10:30 am that my order had been shipped. Maybe I got the last one but Hats Plus website is still showing the black 7 1/2 in stock.

I was sort of on the fence about ordering this hat to begin with so I might sell it once I get a good look at it. I also have one of their Biltmore Pinch hats in fawn that is a very nice hat but the rear brim swoops up too much for me when the front brim is snapped down. It does look good with the brim up all the way around.

I was going to try and thin out my hats and here I am buying more!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Not sure why they would tell me yesterday that my order was not going to be filled due to out of stock, but, I just now at 6:16 a.m. ordered the hat again, but used the credit card instead of pay pal. I may be wrong, but you know the hat being on sale, maybe they did not want to have to "pay" for the pay pal transaction? You know I can our pay pal account, "play pal"!!!! Weeeeeeeeeeeee HAAAAAAaawwwwwwwwww!

If you get that hat, Mike, and I don't get mine, I am a heading to Texas! (hehehe)! I would buy your "Texan style" hat if it had a bound edge on it....

If my Biltmore order fails.....I am going to regroup and just send that money to having a custom made......you know, put some investment into a hat from one of the master hat makers.....yep!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I just now finished ordering using the good old visa card.....now this time I have a order confirmation showing already in my inbox on the yahoo....and now...looking at the hatplus website, they have ZERO hats in the 7 1/2 Black left right after my order....they had a 7 1/2 right before I made my order....when ordering using pay pal, I got no email at all.....however, yesterday was told when I called they had no more black 7 1/2 hats.....so....today later when I know they are open (10:00 Chicago time, 11:00 Detroit time) I am going to be giving them a call.....I am telling them what took place......gonna ask them if they need some help figuring things out.....letting them know I can drive to their location and help them do hat orders...for a dozen free hats! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE haaaw! lol

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I have the same thoughts about how their website works....but geez, I am going to keep my fingers crossed and hope they really do have one last hat that they can send to my front door!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Just called Hats plus...I am DOOMED! lol! They have no more 7 1/2 in any color, and the customer service gal recalled talking to me yesterday...she said seems like I really want that hat, and I said, silly me, yes I want the hat, what else to do with my credit card? lol! They have maybe two hats left, a 73/8 and a fat 7 5/8 for anyone wanting one....not sure of the colors but I think it is silverbelly? Geez, almost all my hats are thin ribbon silver belly....and so....I still want one of these here Biltmore......someone sell me one quick, so I don't have to want one any more....until then, I guess I will have to look at other alternatives....a Black Borso maybe? Geez the Borso has a smaller brim width....dang it....lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points