Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wanted: car dealership pictures

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
As a life long sales rep of Chrysler products I would like a few pictures of some car lots. I prefer if they were Dodge, Desoto, Chrysler, Plymouth, or Jeep. I would look at some old "corner used car " lots, too.

If you want to scan them and send them to me, that would be fine too.

Presently I have some framed WWII Jeep ads in my office and would love to have some interesting shots hanging there too.

Even old barber shops and shoeshine boys is alright.

PM and let me know what you have.

Thanks,

Mark the shoeshine boy

Ed

Familiar Face
desoto6ie.jpg

Barry

Practically Family
Interesting

We are evaluating a number of image databases in one of my classes. One of the first places I thought to look was "American Memory" at the Library of Congress. I'll see what else I can dig up.

Plymouth Dealership

Barry

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

Good idea, Barry.

If you find a nice image you like in any of the Library of Congress databases, you can usually have them print it on a nice size photo paper from the original negative for a fee. I got Graham at Optimo a really nice 8x10 glossy picture of the Palm Tavern in Chicago from back in 1940 for around $35.

Barry

Practically Family
Like the idea...

Car Showrooms

This page is ok but probably not what you are looking for, Mark. Check page 7 for some links to other sites. In addition to the links I sent it should be a good place to start, if you already haven't come across this one. You might be able to look up these old dealerships in their home state's archives to find some good dated photos.

Barry

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Barry,

Thank you for the post.....I will try and print this out for the wall and those others that you sent me....

if some one else has anything in the closet let me know....

mark the shoehsine boy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112